How to Teach Reading&Spelling With 20MinutePhonemicTraining
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 57 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Do you have a child who struggles to learn how to read and spell? Or Do you teach children who struggle with reading fluency and writing/spelling? Perhaps your child has dyslexia
- If so, this class will be of interest to you.
- This course is a step by step guide to transforming a child's ability to more easily 'lift words from the page' and spell words in daily writing.
- Includes downloadable materials for each step of the way and leveled reading stories for first through fourth grade. AND I am writing more stories each month.
- Find out HOW to know WHICH phonemes, [sounds in words] your child does not process.
- Learn how to look at your child / students’ reading & writing to find out specifically where there is a break-down holding back reading & spelling achievement.
- Next, I guide you through basic information for all phonemes [sounds] used in English, a step by step walk through lessons addressing your child’s specific needs.
- See videos of multi-sensory activities to do with children when they get ‘stuck.’
- Includes: Reading activities to increase rate and accuracy [fluency] and spelling practice activities to increase accuracy.
- Learn about phonic rules for spelling words and how to teach the phonic rules to improve spelling. Learn about the connection to video games.
- Be able to read, write and spell.
- Be able to hear the differences between short vowel tones.
- Be able to speak speech sounds correctly.
- Have a basic understanding of phonic rules.
- Be able to open and use an excel spreadsheet because the analysis calculator is an excel file.
Parents who have children they home school, Intervention Specialists, Reading Specialists, and Tutors learn how to teach a child with dyslexia or just a struggling reader and speller to read faster, with greater accuracy AND to write more with better spelling? This course offers a different approach that gets results.
walks with you and your child/student as you work day by day and week by week to your child's improved reading fluency and spelling skills in the span of months.
is a step by step individualized plan to identify specific student needs to improve reading fluency and spelling skills in authentic writing.
an easy way to plan and prepare lessons in less time.
a structured approach for delivering mini lessons to improve reading fluency/accuracy and spelling accuracy.
provides progress monitoring data as part of the lesson so no additional time to record progress is needed when the lesson is over.
includes testing materials and lesson materials.
This course is for people who want to improve their student's [son or daughter's] literacy skills using less time both within the school day and outside of the school day.
A high percentage of public schools are finding literacy development challenging. 25% of the population in the United States read below 4th grade level. Schools are increasing budgets, adding intervention specialists and reading tutors to address the problem, and the specialists are vying with classroom teachers for time to provide remedial instruction. The result is that everyone is frustrated by constantly changing, complicated daily schedules and limited success for their efforts.
Teachers, Intervention Specialists and Reading Tutors are spending increasing amounts of time outside of the school day planning, preparing materials and reviewing student progress. Parents are frustrated by slow progress. Homeschooling parents are searching for ways to help their children become more fluent readers and writers.
Everyone working with struggling readers and writers hope to find a streamlined answer showing them how to improve their student's reading fluency, writing skills and spelling accuracy to grade level.
Here you will learn a proven approach to increasing reading rate, improving reading accuracy and improving spelling accuracy.
- Teachers of children with dyslexia or children struggling to learn how to read fluently and spell accurately.
- Reading Tutors and Intervention Specialists of children with dyslexia or children struggling to learn how to read fluently and spell accurately.
- Parents home schooling children with dyslexia or children struggling to learn how to read fluently and spell accurately.
In this lesson you will have an opportunity to see a summary of each lesson and the downloadable materials that you will receive with each lesson.
Student will learn how to collect samples of CVC, CCVC, and CVCC spelling words used to determine which phonemes children/students are not phonemically processing when writing and whether children/students are using visual/auditory cues to apply phonic rules when reading and spelling.
Here the student will learn how to observe and collect samples of blending, segmenting, deleting, inserting, and changing phonemes in one syllable words from their children/students to determine which of the sub-skills of phonemic awareness the child/student may be proficient or below average.
In this lesson you will learn a mnemonic strategy for identifying and remembering short vowel tones for spelling and reading, teaching methods and strategies for hearing differences between short, long/short, and other vowel tones. You will learn how to model blending and segmenting skills to your child/student.
In this lesson you will learn how to handle auditory tracking and the student worksheet when phonemes are deleted and inserted. You will also learn strategies for using manipulatives to assist students when they struggle with segmenting, sequencing and processing phonemes in blends.
In this final lesson you will meet two children who have recently received lessons using the 20 Minute Phonemic Training approach and you will see how they benefited. You will also see research that documents the use of direct instruction in grapheme/phoneme and phonemic skill training.