How to Teach English to Little Kids
What you'll learn
- Learn to use Dragonfly ESL and its resources in the classroom to successfully teach English to young children.
- Learn how to design a successful class and keep your students motivated
- Learn how to use early reading as a tool for increasing vocabulary.
- Being a teacher for very young kids and loving it!
This course is designed to help teachers of very young learners of English as a second language to excel. It is specifically targeted at teachers that will use Dragonfly English Learning System in their classrooms to teach children from age of 2 and up to first graders. Our system is based on Doman's methodology for early learning and as such it can be helpful for everyone intending to teach ESL to little kids. The course includes practical activities and Demo sessions.
Some of the topics we will cover in the course are:
* Early reading: why and how kids are able to start a reading program while very young. Includes Demos.
* Elements of a successful class
* Daily routines
* Teaching math... in English
* Tips for new teachers
* And more!
Take this course if you want to learn new insights about teaching, and if you want some tried and true teaching tips, specially for new teachers!
Who this course is for:
- Teachers, wether new or experienced, will benefit from this new approach and also from old, tried-and-true teacher's tips.
Dragonfly ELS is an English Learning System to help educators teach English as a second language to children from age 2 to 6, in a school setting. Founded by 5 English teachers, Dragonfly integrates an innovative pedagogy and 50+ combined years of experience teaching in the classroom. Dragonfly was developed by native Spanish speaking teachers.
Founders of Dragonfly are: Elisa Guerra, Any Haro, Sonia Barquin, Eliam Dessavre and Alma Dessavre.
Elisa Guerra has been a teacher for 15 + years. She is also the founder of a group of schools using early learning methodology. She has been the Director for The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential for Latin America since 2001.
Any Haro has been an English and Math Teacher for 10+ years. She has also been a school administrator. She lives in Los Angeles.
Sonia Barquin has been an English teacher for little kids for 15+ years. She is now a school principal, with students from Pre-K to 9th grade.
Eliam Dessavre has been an English teacher for 20+ years. She has taught little kids as well as in elementary school. Today, Eliam is an online English Teacher for adult learners.
Alma Dessavre has been an English Teacher for 35+ years. She has taught children from kindergarden to junior high. She has also been English coordinator for several schools. She also loves to teach math.