Strokes disable. Heart attacks/strokes also kill - thousands
What you'll learn
- 1. Identify risk factors for a stroke
- 2. Take action to reduce their chances of getting a stroke
- Live life more safely!
- Hundreds of ways to reduce stress
- 1. This is very much a course to try and minimise your chances of having a stroke/heart attack. Listen. Change.
- 2. Pass on the tips and ideas, thoughts and stories to elderly relatives and friends - or just remember them for yourself!
- 3. Appropriate mindset. This course is not a loss leader. It is not a course that will suddenly have a price put on it. The course is free and there is one aim only: to help everyone minimise their chances of suffering from a stroke
- 4. As there are links given in the lectures you should be able to use the internet - make sure you have anti-virus software that is up to date!
- 5. Access to a PC
Notice: Please do NOT enrol on this course on impulse, thinking you might watch it later. Maybe show an interest on impulse, yes, but before you enrol, watch the Preview videos, read the Course Description and then make a decision. If you then enrol then please start the course as soon as possible. Watch the lectures, look at the workbooks and join in the discussions. Joining my courses is a serious business and I want you to get the most out of your study – but I also want you to enjoy the course.
That is why I am asking that you only enrol because you really want to and that you start the course intending to make full use of all the resources.
You will be very welcome.
In 2016 I suffered a mini-stroke. Since then I have been researching possible ways to reduce the risk of me getting a stroke - either mini or full-blown. Apparently up to 90% of strokes can be prevented with lifestyle changes.
This course is the result of my own research.
I am NOT a doctor. I am NOT medically qualified. I am NOT speaking on behalf of any organisation.
These lectures are simply my thoughts as I try and spread the word about risk factors. I am also trying to raise awareness - which is why sometimes the lectures may seem to contradict. This is to encourage discussion.
I triple stress: these lectures are just my own research. I am NOT giving out medical advice.
But I am trying to encourage people to think about their own risk and to seek medical advice where needed.
What makes this course a success? If it encourages you to reduce your own risk!
What this course covers:
The course includes a workbook:
Chapter 1 What causes TIAs?
What is a TIA?
Why it is important
What are the causes of a TIA?
How is a TIA diagnosed?
Treatment for a TIA
Symptoms of a ministroke
Reducing the risk
Medication and side effects
Chapter 2 Studies
Residual symptoms of a TIA
Role of brain imaging in TIA
TIA and common mimics
Chapter 3 Return to TIAs
Symptoms of a stroke
How a TIA is diagnosed
Chapter 4 Stroke quiz
(A link to a site that has a) stroke quiz
Chapter 5 Comments
Comments about TIAs
Chapter 6 Return to risk factors
Chapter 7 Chameleons, panic attacks and TIAs
Could the TIA be a panic attack?
Anxiety or mini stroke
Panic attack v heart attack
Chapter 8 Food
Foods increasing stroke risk
Chapter 9 Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Very interesting extracts from his blog, about strokes
Chapter 10 Risk calculator
Links and explanations about various stroke risk calculators
A workbook is included
Who this course is for:
- Everyone - as everyone is at risk, whatever your age!
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.