How To Network
- Just a desire to get better at networking and a pad and pen for some notes
This course is for anyone who wants to feel more confident about networking and who feels that they could be a more effective networker.
Networking is something that many people find scary or difficult, but it doesn't need to be either.
It's a crucial skill to master if you want to progress in your career and to make the difference you want to in the world.
In the course, we will cover both offline and online networking and look at my '3 P's' Method which will help you be at your best when you attend a networking event. We will look at how to make progress over time, how to help others through networking, how to be memorable- and we will start putting together an actionable plan to make sure that your development continues beyond the course.
I look forward to helping you discover 'How To Network'!
- Someone who is keen to get better at networking but not sure how to improve
- Someone who is a bit nervous about networking and wants some pointers that will help
- Why Are People Scared Of Networking?
- Why Are People Scared Of Networking?- Quiz
- Your Networking Goals
- Offline Networking
- Online Networking
- Overview Of The 3 P's Method
- The 3 P'S Method- Quiz
- Pre Part Of 3 P's Method
- Present Part Of 3 P's Method
- Post Part Of 3 P's Method
- How To Be Memorable
- How To Be Memorable- Quiz
- Helping Others Network
- Helping Others Network- Quiz
- Getting Better At Networking Over Time
- How To Practice Networking- Bonus Content
- Engaging with my work further
- BONUS- What to do if you are nervous at a networking event
- BONUS- How To Get People To Like You When You Are Networking
Hi, I’m Alex Swallow, The Influence Expert.
I believe that everyone– individuals, companies, charities, institutions- needs to grow their influence if they are going to have the greatest impact possible on the things that matter to them.
I'm the Author of the book 'How To Become An Influencer' which you can download for free on my website.
I’ve grown my career to be a recognized thought leader in some of the things that matter most to me. I’ve been the Chief Executive of a national charity, founded my own organisation and grown a large online following that helps me to communicate my message. I have also built a unique model- The LEAPS Model- that will help you think systematically about all the different ways you can grow your influence.
Educated at Cambridge and Sussex Universities, teaching in the UK, Romania and Japan (the latter for 2 years) and mentoring and informally coaching people- I know what good teaching looks like and I will deliver it to you through my courses.
I look forward to going on a journey of growing influence with you and helping you to increase your impact and achieve your ambitions.