How to mold and cast in resin the human figure (sculpture)
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Make a mold of silicon rubber and resin with fiberglass
- Create a rigid and durable piece of filled resin (without fiberglass)
- Replicate small or medium-dimensional figures, be it an original sculpture or an object that you love
- Understand three-dimensional shapes and undercuts (there is an explanatory pdf)
- Use the resin correctly
- Prepare the desired color of resin and make the figure of the color you prefer
- No knowledge of sculpture of any kind is necessary.
- A VENTILATED space to work, since the materials used are chemical. A secluded space where you live is ideal (basement, rooftop or a studio)
- Use of adequate protections: gloves and mask with filters
- The materials we use are: release agent (soap or other, clay, silicone rubber, silicone diluent (optional, depends on the brand and quality) and its catalyst, silicone colors (optional), cups, wooden sticks, paintbrushes, gauze medical, Polyester resin (normal type or glass) and its catalyst, Fiberglass, Cabosil (resin additive), automotive paste, Lija (150 and 240), Thinner, Wire
- TOOLS: Flat dental spatula, Drill, Mototul (optional), Brushes, Cutter, Screwdriver, Screws and nuts
More than 100 students in the Spanish version
This course allows you to learn how to make three-dimensional pieces of full and solid resin from an original anatomical sculpture: it can be a piece of your creation or simply a piece that you love.
To achieve this, we will carry out the entire process step by step: we will create a silicone rubber mold with fiberglass and resin shell and we will make the "casting" of solid resin (the final result).
Once you make a silicon rubber mold, you can make numerous pieces from these: just repeat the process of "casting" as many times as you want, all will be identical to the original object.
IT IS A DIFFERENT TECHNIQUE RESPECT TO THE OTHER COURSE OF MOLDS AND FIBERGLASS THAT I TEACH
You can create replicas of your own modeling in clay, epoxy, ceramics etc or replicate other pieces of rigid material.
This technique allows you to create more than one piece from the original modeling. The final piece can be filled resin without fiberglass (as in this video), resin and fiberglass, plaster or cement, any other material
This technique is the premise for
- the technique of lost wax in bronze. From this same mold can be made waxes that in the foundry are used to create the final bronzes
- in the ART TOYS industry to create identical models that you can then customize, modify and intervene.
Know the most indicated and professional materials and the creative process step by step.
Make your own piece thanks to simple and clear instructions.
IMPORTANT: this course teaches a different technique regarding the course "Silicon molds and replicas in fiberglass". In what way are they different?
1) slightly difference in the use of the silicon
2) we will make full pieces (more suitable for small pieces)
Remember that you have a 30 day guarantee!
- WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO MAKE SOLID (FILLED) RESIN FIGURES
- Plastic or visual arts students who want a practical and clear course
- Artisans interested in the serial production of three-dimensional objects (from a mold you can take many pieces identical to the original)
- Creative people who want to perform crafts at an artistic level
- Who wants to learn to make molds for bronze
Discover the complementary course about modeling in clay using this discount coupon: