How to Get Started Raising Goats
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Choose the breed of goat best suited to their goals and situation.
- Choose which specific goats they want to get.
- Provide daily care and routine maintenance for their goats to keep them happy and healthy.
- Deal with worm and parasite issues in their goats.
- Gather all of the required supplies for housing, fencing, feeding and medical care for their goats.
- Students need to only bring their desire to learn about goats and their questions.
Raising goats can be a fun and rewarding experience. Not only can goats be wonderful pets (they are quite like dogs in many aspects), they can also give back or contribute to your household (or homestead) by way of milk and dairy products.
Learn How to Successfully Raise Goats:
- Become familiar with common goat terminology.
- Figure out what goat breed is best for your goals, resources & situation.
- Make a smart decision on where to purchase your first goats from.
- Decide what qualities are most important for the specific goats you are going to get.
- Prepare their housing and outside area all within your time, budget and resource constraints.
- Gather all of the supplies necessary to take care of your new goats.
- Learn what daily care and routine maintenance your new goats will need.
Getting started raising goats can seem overwhelming. There is so much information, spread out in so many places. Many resources have conflicting information because different situations call for different herd management techniques. It can be time-consuming and confusing trying to find what the right ways to get started are. This course has compiled all of the essential information you will need to make the RIGHT decisions for YOUR situation as you first get started with your new goats.
The course is broken down into 6 sections with a total of 14 video and PPT lectures to make getting started raising goats as easy as 1-2-3.
If you are interested in learning about how to raise goats, this course will help you master the information needed to do so, quickly and easily.
- This course is for students thinking about getting started raising goats.
- This course is for students who are overwhelmed and unsure of where to start with new goats.
- This course if for students who are unsure what supplies and daily care goats will need.
- This course is NOT for students who are advanced goat keepers and have basic goat raising knowledge.
After watching, you will be able to choose the right breed for your situation.