How To Get a Job in The Solar Industry
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a deep understanding of solar technology
- Narrow down what roles fit their experience and skills
- Figure out what companies are actively hiring and how to build connections with key people
- Create a strategy to land their solar dream job
- Only a passion to make money while doing good at the same time
The #1 ranked solar career course on Udemy, this guide is dedicated to helping you get your dream job in the solar industry. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional looking to make a career change into the solar field, this online class is for you.
Learn how you can make a difference in the world while making money by working in this exciting field. This course teaches:
- How solar PV works
- Which companies are hiring
- Where the highest concentration of solar companies are located
- The many different roles and positions available in the solar industry
- How to build a job search plan to include networking, resume building, and interview tactics
- How to fast-track your application process to get the job you want in no time
- Much, much more!
Contents and Overview
In over an hour and a half’s worth of content, including lectures, quizzes, and resources, we cover everything you need to know to develop a career in the solar field.
We'll go over solar industry trends, the most marketable skillsets, who’s hiring and where they’re located, which roles are the best fit for your passions and skills, and how to go about landing the job of your dreams. You’ll have access to a wide range of resources that would otherwise take years to accumulate, including industry-specific job sites, professional networking communities, and much more.
Upon completion, you’ll be armed with all of the knowledge you need regarding how solar technology works, the types of organizations that are hiring solar professionals, and how to land your solar dream job.
What my students are saying
"Great course on getting a job in the solar industry! Short but packed with information. Highly recommend it to those who want to be a part of the solar industry as well as those you want to represent a cleaner, brighter future." - David Sanchez
"This course condenses the information that would be found in many different books, lectures, or classes into a readily understandable format." - Paul Lee
What are the requirements?
- There are no entry requirements except for a passion for making a living while making a difference to the world!
Who is the target audience?
- Students who are looking for internship programs in the solar industry
- Recent graduates from college or graduate programs focused on renewable energy
- Experienced professionals looking for a career change into a promising and interesting field
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 1.5 hours of content
- A comprehensive understanding of solar technologies
- Insider knowledge of the solar industry
- An overview of available roles in the industry
- Knowledge of the top companies in the business
- A how-to action plan for landing your dream job
What are you waiting for? Begin the course today to get the job of tomorrow!
- Students who want to position themselves for success in the solar field
- Recent graduates looking for a resource to help them land a job in solar industry
- Mid-career professionals seeking a career change to an exciting new field
Welcome to the course! This is the official Udemy course on How To Get a Job in The Solar Industry: The Top Course for Students and Professionals Who Want to Do Good While Making Money With a Career in The Solar Field. I'm so excited to have you here!
In this lecture, I'll share why I made this course and why I'm passionate about having as many people as possible enter this exciting industry.
In this lecture, we'll go over how the course is structured and all the great content we'll be covering together.
What is solar energy? In this lecture, we'll cover the three main solar technologies covered later in this section.
In this lecture, we'll talk about where the industry is heading, where the jobs can be found, and why the technology is improving faster and faster.
There are several different organization types hiring in the solar industry. In this section, we'll cover each of them: nonprofits / advocacy groups, government agencies, academic and private research labs, solar panel manufacturers, solar providers and installers, and solar financial institutions.
The companies directly making the solar panels are incredibly important in making panels that are efficient, economic, and aesthetically pleasing. A very competitive market, a lot of this companies will become billion dollar companies while others will sink. Learn in this lecture, some of the best performing solar manufacturers.
I've had the privilege of studying renewable energy at Boston University and working at companies like SolarCity and Solar Mosaic and I can't wait to share everything I learned with you.
Getting involved in the solar community is going to be critical if you want to build relationships with those already working at the solar companies you want to work for. This lecture will cover some of the communities you can join and don't forget you can always start your own in your area.
In the past 3 years, I've had more than 6 different job and in that experience, I've mastered what it takes to land any job I want. In this lecture, I'm going to share with you my tips and tricks how to write a thoughtful resume and cover letter and how to nail the interview.
Now that the easy part is over, it's time for the real work to begin. This lecture covers what you need to do to become a top performer at your company. At some point, you're going to want a raise, a promotion, or to move to another company. This lecture will cover everything you need to know how to position yourself for success once you've landed the job.
Congrats! You've finished the course. Great job watching all the lectures and if you haven't yet, do forget to work through the quizzes.
If you’ve enjoyed the course - it would mean a lot to me if you could give it a 5-star rating and leave a review.
Sharing it on twitter or facebook would be incredible - the more people that learn about how to get a job in the solar field - the more of us will be pushing for a sustainable future.
In this lecture, I'll go over resources to help you land a job in the solar industry such websites with dedicated solar job, organizations to join, and conferences to attend.
Now that you've gone through the course and have all these resources, put everything you've learned to work and land your dream job in the solar industry.
We need people just like you to bring our energy infrastructure into the 21st century.