10 Ways to Get The Forensic Job You Want--Student Edition
What you'll learn
- Demonstrate the MUST DO steps needed to start your forensic career
- Describe the importance of having a mobile resume and why it can save you lots of time and money when applying to forensic positions
- Develop a plan in starting your forensic career so you can be focused upon the forensic job you want to apply to/study for
- Recognize importance in watching forensic type television shows
- Research the type of information needed for forensic job interviews
- Discover what forensic textbooks you should read to help you understand the 'world' of forensic science
- Develop a list of forensic resources needed to expand your forensic vocabulary
- Create a list of 'proven' steps that will transform you from being a forensic student to becoming a forensic professional
- Prior Knowledge about Forensic Science
- Desire to get started in a forensic career
- Have a professional profile on LinkedIn (highly recommended)
10 Ways to Help You Get The Forensic Job You Want - Learn How to Get Started as a Forensic Professional and Get the Upper Hand When Applying to Forensic Jobs
Terri's Online School:
Teaching over 20 Courses on Forensic Science, Death Investigations, Crime Scene Investigations
Teaching 4 Courses on Resume, Job Marketing, and LinkedIn
Course Updated: APRIL 2020
Are you ready to START your forensic career? Not sure how to get started? Are you a recent graduate with a degree in Criminal Justice/Criminology/Administration of Justice? Are you looking to start a new career in forensics? If so, then this is the course for YOU!
Learn the 10 steps needed to set yourself apart when applying to forensic positions. Whether it's a position for a crime scene investigator, coroner investigator, crime analyst, forensic photographer, private investigator, or forensic nurse, this course provides the necessary steps FORMER FORENSIC STUDENTS have followed to become FORENSIC PROFESSIONALS they are today!
Learn how to network with forensic professionals, how to enhance your college degree and how the forensic related shows, such as Bones, CSI, and NCIS, help you learn forensic terminology, vocabulary, and the scientific processes REAL forensic professionals do every day in the field and in the crime lab.
This one hour introductory course includes downloadable resources to help you map out your own career pathway and help you keep on track in completing each career step.
Delivered in short concise presentations outlining each step, the easy to follow class is THE ANSWER to many of your questions such as:
How to start a forensic career?
Where to look for a forensic job?
How to network with forensic professionals who are willing to help you find a forensic job?
How can you stand out from the crowd of other job applicants who want the same job as you do?
Where to find specialized forensic training that will help you get a forensic job?
How to build your professional profile so agencies will notice your resume?
This course benefits students who are ready to start a forensic career but simply don't know where to START!
The course includes quizzes that include photos from (real) crime scenes.
Students who enroll receive:
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION--shows professional proof--helps set you apart from other candidates vying for the same forensic job.
SPECIFIC STEPS that will help you transform from being a forensic student to becoming a forensic professional.
EXPERT TIPS from forensic professionals who have advised/mentored (former) students who are now forensic professionals themselves.
CAREER WORKSHEETS that will help you create your own forensic career pathway so you can start mapping and planning your forensic career.
PRACTICAL AND PROVEN STEPS which will help you start researching and planning for your forensic career
IMPLEMENTABLE STRATEGIES that not only can you start immediately but will help your resume get noticed by agencies hiring for forensic related positions including those for entry-level positions, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
Stop waiting and get started with your forensic career!
More About Terri's Online Courses:
Over 10,000 students trained since 2013
All courses offer free lifetime access
All lectures are available for you to watch anytime & anywhere
All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee
Join other students who have started a forensic career
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start a forensic career but doesn't how to get started
- For those looking to start a new career or lateral into a forensic position, this course provides tips as to how to get started in networking with forensic professionals.
- Anyone who wants to know about more career tips for forensic science positions
- Students who have a college degree in Criminal Justice/Criminology/Administration of Justice, current college students, and college bound students who have a basic knowledge of forensic science and want to learn what specific steps are needed to start a forensic job search.
- Parents of high school/college students may wish to use this course as a "guide" to help their chidlren navigate toward a forensic position.
Your Success is My Goal. I've been teaching for close to 20 years, specifically in Forensic Science, Criminal Investigations, Criminal Justice courses, as well as being a career mentor. During this time I've been an adjunct professor for several local colleges, a guest lecturer for a major organization, and have had the pleasure of teaching students of various ages and backgrounds.
What Do You Want to Learn?
Would you like to learn how to start a forensic career?
Are you wondering how to investigate a crime scene?
Wondering how to start networking with (forensic) professionals?
Looking for ways in how to market your resume?
Wondering how to create and develop a professional portfolio?
Looking for courses to help you train in becoming a forensic professional?
As a credentialed teacher, I've had my students investigate mock crime scenes, created a hands-on forensic training curriculum for both high school and college students, introduced forensic techniques via hands-on training laboratory activities, facilitated career seminars, and sponsored student involvement in professional workshops.
In addition, I created a niche of providing guidance to students by developing on-site career training courses, providing guides of how students can market their resumes and find internships, advising students the pros/cons of social media in marketing their career, and teaching the #1 secret to getting noticed on LinkedIn (believe it or not, many students still don't use LinkedIn for career creation or career advancement).
Several years ago, I realized the need of continued training for students interested in starting a career in forensic science, thus I founded Forensic Training Unlimited LLC (FTU), which is located in Southern California. FTU offers hands-on training, workshops, seminars, and online training courses specifically designed for students who want a career as a forensic professional. Currently, many of my former students are now working as Crime Scene Investigators, Death Investigators, Private Investigator, Forensic Nurses, Forensic Technicians, Autopsy Attendants, Fingerprint Specialists, and in various law enforcement positions.
I have several POST (Peace Officers Standards of Training) certificates, have trained with the Los Angeles County Coroner, Orange County (CA) Sheriff Department, and hold professional memberships in Southern California Association of Fingerprint Officers, International Association for Identification, Latino Peace Officers Association, and the California State Division of the International Association of Identification. I have a MS in Forensic Investigations and I'm a contributing writer to Death Investigator Magazine.
I am passionate about bringing students closer to their forensic career goals and I'm proud to be considered a career mentor to students--of any age.
Stay Connected! Get Trained!