How to Dance: 4 Basic Moves that Create Most Grooves
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the essential movements that create most dance grooves.
- Understand counting and rhythm, and how it applies to movement for dance.
- Have the ability to dance, any place, any time, to any type and speed of music, using the basic groove structure.
- Before taking the course, it is suggested to have at least some space to be able to stand and move around.
- Be sure to experiment after each movement is explained. While learning within the context of the course is great, practicing to different types of music will lead to faster development and more fun.
In this course, you will learn the 4 most essential moves to be able to dance whenever, and wherever you like!
We will be going over the basic structure of the majority of grooves. Grooves are what make up the dances behind many of the dance styles you see today. This is especially true of Street Dance Styles.
You will understand the basic structure of Grooves, and be able to add these to your movement vocabulary.
If you have never danced before and don't know where to start, this will be a perfect introduction to help you understand the basics so you can get to dancing right away. If you have danced before, this may be a refresher, and may also help you find ways to branch out and expand your dance vocabulary to other styles of movement.
- This is made for absolute beginners. Especially for those people who believe they can not dance or do not have the confidence to dance in front of people.
- This course is also made for people who wish to know how to understand the essence of grooving.
- This is not for people who believe that basics are unnecessary. The movements in this course are the bare essentials of grooves. They are simple, maybe easy, but combined they can cover a large range of movements from easy to difficult.