How to Become a Tax Preparer and Earn Big Part-Time
What you'll learn
- launch a one-person tax-service.
- students will learn how to find more tax clients than they can handle using both online and offline marketing techniques
- students will go through each step necessary to satisfy the IRS's mandatory requirements (PTIN) and learn which requirements are voluntary.
- students will learn which business structure saves on taxes.
- students will explore the most affordable professional tax software and the most elite tax software for tax professionals in the industry
- students will learn how to grow their business to a full-time year-round income, usually within one year.
- students will learn what other tax professionals are charging throughout the country. Students will also learn how to increase the value of their services.
- Students will learn how to lower their own taxes and help clients as well
- It helps if students have a strong "like" for numbers
- Students need an Internet connection and a basic understanding of how the Internet works
Ten Lectures jam-packed with information, tips and knowledge on how to build, start and grow a one-person tax business. Students learn everything necessary to launch a successful Tax Service.
- Where and how to find tax clients
- Earning potential based on services provided and location
- The IRS's requirements both mandatory and voluntary
- What you need to get started (Professional Tax Software/Supplies)
- What to charge clients and how to increase your value.
- How to grow your business to a full-time income and replace your day-job within one to three years.
This course does NOT include actual tax preparation training. This course is based on business skills, training and marketing a "one-person-tax service."
Who this course is for:
- People who love numbers and have a healthy respect for the tax system
- This course is for experienced and beginning tax professionals who want to increase their client base.
- This is an excellent course for students with a major in finance
- Retired individuals who want to supplment their retirement income as a tax preparer
- Individuals who are looking for a part-time, home-based, self-employed career. Students can prepare taxes evenings and weekends.
- Stay-at-home moms, who are looking for a part-time gig
C. Ingraham, RTRP is the founder of Taxes Will Travel, a mobile tax service established in 1999 in the San Francisco Bay Area. During these years Sandy taught basic tax courses for Jackson Hewitt and Liberty Taxes, retail tax franchises in the bay area. She is actively registered with the IRS since 2000 and satisfied the new RTRP qualifications in 2012/13. She is now retired and resides in a small fishing village south of the border.
The author of several tax books both tax savings, benefits and tax loopholes, she has published in both digital and print format.
When not writing tax books, she can be found writing children's books for preschool and kindergarten, a career she enjoyed before becoming a tax accountant.
in 2005, she became a certified Internet Marketing Specialist. This career move was short lived due to increased work load of tax clients.and Invoice Lines of Credit funding opportunities. She worked with government contractors and vendors to obtain accounts receivable funding to eliminate cash flow issues when fulfilling government contracts.
After retiring C. Ingraham wrote the book How to Become a Tax Preparer and Earn Big Part-Time. The book was published in electronic format and has experienced a consistent sales history. When she was introduced to Udemy, she felt the book could serve as a foundation for an online video course.
There were challenges in getting the Udemy course approved. The biggest challenge being that of a recording studio. She wanted the course to be about the subjects tax professionals rarely hear about. The securing of new tax clients and the basic procedural methods of launching a one-person tax service for the purpose of generating profit