Happy Ever After: Storytelling for Coaches and Consultants
What you'll learn
- Articulate the key concepts of story and meaning making
- Confidently apply a story dimension to your work
- Utilise a simple and powerful story structure to get to the heart of the matter and map a client's progress
- Use narrative techniques to help new teams or individuals in transition, to build a strong sense of identity
- Develop expertise in how how story tools can help individuals, teams and business in the process of transformation
- Broaden your tool kit to address the parts other coaching can’t reach
- Practice a range of practical tools to bring story alive in your practice
- Everything you need for the course is included in the workbooks and videos. Please do reflect on your key clients as i will be asking you to apply these methods in your practice and giving you the tools to do so immediately.
This course is all about helping consultants and coaching to harness the power of storytelling and narrative in your practice. The course provides a structure for storytelling in organisations and the tools to use it for both 121 work and for groups. It provides the secrets for how to build confidence and comfort in telling stories and using them to 'show' rather than 'tell' in your work. And lastly, it provides a wide range of simple, creative tools that you can embed in your work immediately.
The course contains everything you need - with workbooks and key exercises to follow. I also provide you with for 'key' stories - stories that present an often-faced challenge or issue using metaphor to illustrate the idea. For every concept, I present an example from my own practice so you can understand how each tool could work in action.
The course will take around 8 hours in total to complete - you have a collection of short lectures in each of the 4 sections, plus prep materials so you can put the tools into practice immediately.
You should take this course if you want to bring a more colourful and personal dimension to your work and want to build your confidence in using story. You will also benefit if you recognise that humans find stories powerful, memorable and impactful - so they are a crucial tool for the art of transformation!
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for coaches and consultants, across all sectors and levels of experience. The course helps participants to embed the use of story into their practice - either as a tool/metaphor for client dynamics, or as a map for transformation and change or to 'show' rather than tell. The course is a foundation in story structure and story making, with lots of examples from my real life clients.
Hi there and welcome,
I am passionate about helping talented professionals get their message across with impact, style and charisma. And breaking free of the limits, worries and fears that hold them back.
A bit about me –since I was a child, I have been obsessed with the world of story. Story speaks to our history, to our soul and can be used to teach, inspire, motivate or heal.
Having trained as a storyteller and a coach ten years ago, I have developed my own tried and tested methods to use stories and story structure to help clients find direction, overcome obstacles and transform their lives and businesses. I have used this to help individuals find career direction, to transition into new roles and helped companies to devise strategy, solve problems and deliver exceptional customer experience, all through telling stories.
Working with me, hundreds of people have been able to change direction in their career - becoming freelance in the same profession or branching out to try something new. We use their own personal story to define where they have been, who they are and what they want their next chapter to be.
I have also worked with some of the world's best companies. Merck, AXA Insurance, RBS, Fujitsu and Bristol Myers Squibb, to help their leaders tell more powerful and impactful stories. To be a great leader, you must be a great storyteller. I am lucky to also have the opportunity to share my tools and methods with educators, consultants and coaches, so they can make use of story in their work too.
My book, Your Life Plan, published by Wiley, provides a map for personal and professional transition using the structure of the Heroic Quest. I've taught hundreds of coaches, consultants, creative, teachers, makers and charity workers my methods and made it easy for them to use story to bring their work to life and reach aspects of their clients that sheer logic and facts cannot touch!
As a stand up comic and professional storyteller, I am used to making learning fun, clear and entertaining. As a learning and leadership consultant for some of the worlds best companies I bring clear instructional design thinking to my practice - so you are in good hands. And most of all, I believe in the super-practical. all of my courses are structured so you can put them to use immediately.
I am always on hand to provide feedback, answer your questions and delve more deeply and offer frequent free tutorial calls to my students. Keep an eye out in the announcements for these.
I look forward to helping you become all that you can be and to sharing these personal and professional tools with you. Let's get started!