Growing and Using Edible Flowers-healthy, nutritious food.
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be able to state the precautions necessary to take when harvesting edible flowers.
- be able to successfully plant up a pot of edible flower plants
- Learn to grow plants for seeds and what is necessary to have a great germination rate.
- Know how to plant a hanging basket full of edible flower plants
- Learn how to propagate plants from semi hardwood cuttings so you can get plants for free.
- be able to list common edible flowers
- learn how to choose and grow sunflowers in your garden or balcony pots.
- Learn how to use particular flowers in the kitchen
- learn to pair particular edible flowers with certain meals for your friends or family
- understand why it is important to use a high quality potting mixture
- Why you need to add a drainage layer in any container
- Learn to make a ice petal bowl
- Have a garden or sunny balcony space to grow your plants
Have you noticed the growing popularity of using edible flowers in many dishes? Food magazines seem to be adorned with glorious images of colourful flowers in and around food. Learn the skills with this online course on how you can grow your own. You cant use any flower as many are very toxic but this course will give you the skills to identify the edible species to grow.
I will teach you how to grow edible plants form seed, how to successfully plant seedlings and how to take a semi-hardwood cutting. Even if you have no garden space I will give you options and ideas for small space growing using edible flowers. Study this course and wow your family, dinner guests or friends with gorgeous tasting and looking dishes. Begin this course now and you could be serving your own home-grown, organic, edible flowers in one of many different forms in a matter of weeks.
Contained in this 13 part video based online course is a downloadable booklet on selecting correct plant species to grow, site selection, harvest notes, propagation and an identifying image. Also included is a recipe booklet focussing on the many and varied ways which edible flowers can be used in the kitchen.
- any one who has a passion for growing their own food, organically.
- any budding chief who wants to experiment with new ingrediants
- a chief who wants to impress friends and family with colorful and tasty edible flowers as an addition to their dishes.
- anyone who is tired of paying the expensive price of market or store fresh edible flowers
Find out what you will learn in this course and why this course is perfectly suited for you.
Learn what flowers are edible, how to recognise them, grow them, harvest them and how to successfully use them in your kitchen. This 13 page downloadable document is for you to keep as a handy reference. It contains images of all the common edible flowers so you can learn to easily recognise them.
When you know how to successfully grow plants for seed it opens up a world of heritage and rare plants which you can grow. It also can save you money and you can save seeds from your own plants to grow again.