Graphic Design using PowerPoint | Beginner to Professional
What you'll learn
- Basics of graphic design, principles, colors & typography.
- Apply graphic design concepts for practical and effective design projects.
- Advanced PowerPoint design techniques and features handling shapes, texts and their formatting from the ground up.
- Acknowledge, visualize and accept Microsoft PowerPoint as a graphic designing software at par with other standard applications.
- Create Professional Graphic Content and web graphics for your brand, blogs or websites and social media.
- Design custom logos, banners, adverts, flat icons, business cards, brochures & flyers and even eBook covers with absolutely no prior designing skills.
- Design social media graphic content like Facebook covers, YouTube Channel Art, Twitter covers, Pinterest Pins, Instagram Images.
- Create infographics, timelines, data visualizations using PowerPoint.
- Manipulate images found online and retouch to make completely different version and use in your graphic content.
- Save designs as simple images (JPG, PNG, GIF), print ready high-resolution images and vectors in PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of graphic design is not needed but basic knowhow of using the computer and Microsoft PowerPoint will be needed.
- Computer with Microsoft PowerPoint installed. I will be using PowerPoint 2016 in a Windows 10 computer. Concepts will be similar in Mac too.
- Motivation to watch all the lectures, listen to and understand the concepts discussed and enthusiasm to practice and learn.
- An open mind & willingness to learn and implement the concepts taught.
Greetings my friend!
Do you need to regularly develop graphic content or work on graphic design projects but are overwhelmed by the technicalities of traditional software used for such work?
Do you find it difficult to work with the plethora of features, options, functionalities and attributes that any typical graphic designing software has? Looking for an easier alternative?
Do you want to dominate graphic designing using a tool that most of us already have at our disposal, which is very easy to handle, quick to adapt to and super easy to master?
Welcome to this course where I will teach you how to be a master of professional graphic designing using PowerPoint, in quick time. You will be able to unleash your creativity and design brilliant graphic contents, like logos, icons, banners, social media image content, eBook covers and many more.
Do not worry if you are new to graphic designing or to PowerPoint application. I will take you through both, step by step. I will try to go as slow as possible in the beginning and explain each lecture and we will practice examples together so that even a newbie in PowerPoint and in graphic design can make full use of this course.
Why PowerPoint as a graphic designing tool?
There are two main reasons that I absolutely love designing graphic content on PowerPoint.
Firstly, the luxury of access as most of us using Microsoft Office Suite would automatically have access to PowerPoint application as well. It is very easily and readily available piece of resource that we need to get started with graphic designing.
Secondly, the ease of mastering the application. PowerPoint is a very easy to learn and implement software where you need not be a trained and seasoned power user – be it on Mac or a Windows PC.
Besides, if you already have PowerPoint, why not use it to the fullest? I will teach you a few hidden features of the application that many would not have discovered even after working with it for years (just because they never had to do anything apart from designing slides and presentations, not anything else). These functionalities and features of PowerPoint make it a strong alternative tool for Graphics Designing.
This course, Graphic Design using PowerPoint | Beginner to Professional, has more of theory and practical explanation of what is being taught. Theory is very much needed to clear the concepts and get any mental roadblock out of the way. I strongly believe that only once my concepts are clear and I know what graphic design is and how I can use PowerPoint as a tool I can start designing highly engaging and motivating graphic content. I will also explain everything with practical examples which will help the absolute beginner to understand the concepts and apply them in their work – slowly but surely.
This course has a lot of exercises as well, and hands on examples of various kinds of graphic content that one can design in PowerPoint. However, each lecture of this course can essentially have three parts:
Concept – where I talk about that graphic content and the design concept behind it (things that you should know when you work on a practical project).
Practical explanation – where I will create the graphic content and show you how it is done in PowerPoint.
Practice assignment – where you create that same thing and submit as an assignment (these are obviously optional, but highly recommended).
Live Projects (at the end of this course, you will be able to create the following graphic designs):
- Flat icon
- Social Media Images – Facebook & Twitter covers
- YouTube Thumbnails & Channel Art
- Pinterest Pins
- Instagram Images
- Business Cards
- eBook cover
And so on… I will be adding new projects from time to time.
Here I think it is important that I mention that while I love designing on PowerPoint, I cannot deny that traditional graphic design software are much more stronger and can do a lot more than what PowerPoint can do. PowerPoint has the advantage of being readily available and much easier to master.
PS: Go through all the lectures even if you are interested in only specific graphic content examples as there may be newer functionalities or features explained in those lectures, which you would not want to miss.
Please ensure you complete the assignments as much as possible as these will ensure that you have understood the concepts taught and you are definitely ready to take on real life projects. You will do awesome!
So, what are you waiting for? Common, hop in! I will see you on the inside.
~ Tanmoy Das
Who this course is for:
- Graphic Designers, Social Media Marketers, Brand Managers, Web Content Developers, PowerPoint lovers.
- Students or Freelancers considering career in graphic design.
- Students who are not very comfortable with traditional graphic design software and are looking for an easy to learn alternative.
- Anyone who wants to create high quality, captivating, visually engaging & professional graphic designs easily and in a cost-effective way.
- Freelancers who want to get into a low cost and easy to learn graphics designing service that they can offer as their gig.
- This course is not for people who want to learn about designing slides or PowerPoint presentations.
- This is not a basic PowerPoint course which will teach you how to work on PowerPoint, although the lectures are built for everyone with any level of understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- This is definitely not for masters of PhotoShop, Illustrator, GIMP or other traditional image processing and graphic designing software, as these software can actually produce much better graphic content than PowerPoint, but are harder to learn as well.
13 Years working as a Freelancer & at different MNCs have taught me a lot of practical and techno-functional skills which I have shared with many of my students and colleagues in the physical world. Now, it is time to get into the Virtual World and share the knowledge with many more developing and growing hearts & minds from across the world.
I love meeting people and making friends. I have not only met thousands of people, but have left a mark on most of them in the last decade or so, while I was either teaching in my professional course, or as a freelance coach or while working as a freelancer myself. It is time to go beyond. Udemy gives me a chance to meet many more online and probably leave an impact on their lives as well.
My students and colleagues love the clarity of thought in my sessions and how I explain things in a manner so that even a layman would understand. It is not easy, but I love to put myself in the shoes of my students to understand their pain points and solve them.
Freelancing is the way to move forward. The faster one understands it is better for her. And here I am, with my contribution to the ever-increasing number of freelancers from around the world. If I can touch someone's heart and fill it with a smile; if I can touch someone's mind and fill it with some constructive information, which helps him to earn his own bread and butter, I would consider myself grateful.
Most of my courses here on Udemy would be low-cost courses, as I want more and more freelancers to be able to afford them and move ahead in life. That does not mean the quality doesn't matter to me. Quality is of utmost importance and I will ensure that I do not waste anyone's time here, just by filling my page with a number of courses. I wish I had access to such immaculate and practical material when I started myself. It could have elevated my career to newer heights.
But it is not the same for you. You have things in your reach. Just browse through all the courses that I have on offer here and select the one (or more) which you need most and take the plunge. You will never be disappointed.
* Make Sure you go through the promo video of every course before you start.
* Ask Questions and feel free even if you think that is a silly one. I would do my best to get back to you asap.
Let's Learn & Grow Together!
Wish you all the best :)