Google Spreadsheet Basics: A (Free) Introduction
- Access to Google Spreadsheets
Become a master Google Docs user with this course on using Google Spreadsheets. You'll learn:
- How to use Google Spreadsheets just like you use Microsoft Excel
- 3 amazing tools only available in Google Spreadsheets
- How to write your own scripts and use Google addons to get more done
- How to create charts, tables, graphs and format data
This course will give you you everything you need to know about Google Spreadsheets.
From the fundamentals, to the most advanced features, after taking this class you will be able to use Spreadsheets like a MASTER. Pretty soon, you'll be using Spreadsheets better than most people can use Excel... and be able to take advantage of the super useful features that only Google Spreadsheets has to offer.
In this course, you will learn all of the following about Google Spreadsheets:
- Learn how to navigate around Spreadsheets
- Learn how to adjust the way data and information are displayed
- Learn how to write formulas quickly and easily with the point-and-click method
- Learn how to create powerful calculations
- Learn how to visually represent your data with charts and graphs
- Learn how to use data tools like sorting, subtotaling, and filtering
- Learn how to automate tasks with time-saving scripts and addons
- Learn Spreadsheets secrets and shortcuts
As bonus material, you will also learn two very incredible, and super valuable, skills:
- how to harvest data from the web
- how to create online forms which allow you to gather data from individuals
As an additional bonus, you can follow along and complete challenges and quizzes as you learn the material. You will also be shown how to find and download free Spreadsheet templates that will allow you to do all kinds of things.
Another great aspect of this course is that, at the end of this class, you will be given a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
This class is guaranteed to teach you Google Spreadsheets. Once enrolled, you will have access to this course for the rest of your life. You will always be able to come back to this class to review material or to learn new material. Try this course for yourself and see how quickly and easily you too can learn to use Google Spreadsheets.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who works regularly with Excel and wants to experience the power of Google Docs
- Anyone who wants to get up and running with Google Spreadsheets
- 01:14Introduction & Why Google Spreadsheets are Awesome
Hi! My name is Justin Mares. I formerly ran growth at developer tools company Exceptional (acquired by Rackspace in March of 2013).
While there, I taught myself how to become a technical marketer and use tools like SQL to run important analyses on our customer data. Along with learning the basics of HTML, CSS and Python, I've found learning to become a more technical marketer has been one of the most valuable investments in myself I've ever made.
In addition, I'm the co-author of Traction Book, a book about how startups can get traction. For the book, we interviewed Jimmy Wales (founder of Wikipedia), Paul English (founder of Kayak), Dharmesh Shah (HubSpot founder) and pulled together an actionable framework for how startups should think about getting traction and distribution.
I also founded an ecommerce company, Kettle & Fire, that's on a multi-million dollar run rate in just a few months.