Geometry Basics (Geometry Unit 1)
- Working headphones or speakers for audio
- Video player (to play mp4)
- Basic knowledge of Algebra 1
This unit is the second in a High School Geometry curriculum. It teaches basic geometric concepts so that they can be applied to more difficult concepts later on. It can be taken by traditional high school students as well as High School Equivalency (HSE) students who are learning about geometric topics for their equivalency exams (GED, TASC, and/or HiSET).Topics include:
(1) Points, Lines, and Planes
(2) Linear Measure and Precision
(3) Points Between Line Segments
(4) The Midpoint
(5) The Pythagorean Theorem
(6) The Distance Formula
Each section has a related video, a video quiz, and a section quiz. The video quiz is to be taken along with or shortly after watching the video. The section quiz is to be taken after. To supplement the course, you can use any textbook.
This course should take approximately five to ten hours to complete.
Who this course is for:
- Current Geometry students
- Geometry teachers who need additional resources
- HSE/GED students who are studying for a HSE exam (GED, TASC, HiSET)
I am a High School Math and High School Equivalency teacher in Las Vegas, Nevada. I also teach math and math methods courses at various colleges and universities in the Las Vegas Valley area.
I have degrees in math and science education, and recently obtained my Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction: Mathematics Education from UNLV.