Fundraising Success: The Art & Science of Major Gifts
What you'll learn
- Create a strategy to incorporate major gift work into their organization’s fundraising strategy
- Build and train a team within their organization to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors
- Target the right people for the right types of major gifts in the most effective ways
- Define a major gift for your nonprofit
- Get the appointment
- Find major gift prospects
- Raise major gifts from corporations and foundations
- Organize your major gift program so that you have new prospects
- Present a case for support that will inspire major gift donors
- Establish the policies necessary for a major gifts program
- Set goals and track progress of your major gifts program
- You will need a desire to grow your major gifts program.
- While not necessary, it will be helpful to have your any existing major gift prospect lists handy.
Could your nonprofit use more money to meet your mission?
Do you want to raise major gifts from committed donors?
Do you want to build a team to help you raise major gifts?
Having trouble finding prospects to make major gifts?
Raise Major Gifts by Learning the Art and Science of Major Gift Fundraising
This course will equip you to take your fundraising to the next level: major gifts.
This course provides you with tools and resources to use again and again when asking prospects for major gifts and when creating your major gifts program. Whether you are starting from scratch or improving an existing development program, you can raise major gifts.
Fundraising professionals, development officers, CEO’s, Executive Directors and nonprofit board members will learn from the comfortable discussion style with over 2.5 hours of video lectures with Holly Parrish and Louanne Saraga Walters. You’ll become part of the discussion as you determine how to raise major gifts.
Who this course is for:
- Fundraising professionals
- Development directors
- Executive directors
- Nonprofit CEO's
- Board members
A Life Long Learner, Louanne is honored to have taught thousands of students in diverse areas: video production, nonprofit fundraising and board governance, social media, personal and spiritual growth, organizational management and finance, and nutrition and health over the past three decades. She carries a primary passion for empowering people to express their full potential.
Louanne also has over 30 years in communications, teaching, finance and tourism including:
* A TV news reporter/anchor with three NBC affiliates (KPOM, KRIS, KWQC)
* A video programmer and cruise director with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL)
* A financial advisor with Raymond James & Associates
* Nonprofit Executive Director, Director of Strategic Philanthropy, and Fundraising Consultant with nonprofits small to large
* Instructor to entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits
* Co-Producer and Host of The Philanthropy Show®, an internet talk show program of My Video Voice Productions.
* A nutritionist, gratitude and wellness coach
* Owner of My Video Voice Productions, the full scale video production company she owns with her wife, Sharon.
"I'm grateful to be able to serve thousands more students through this amazing platform Udemy has provided! I look forward to connecting with you in class - and please let me know if you have any comments or questions in the Discussion sections!"
B.A. Communications and Political Science, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
M.S. Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine, University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
As owner of PH Solutions, Holly enjoys helping her fellow frustrated fundraisers get better results in their programs. Holly is a graduate of Florida Southern College and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Non-Profit Management from USF. A CFRE since 2004, Holly has worked for more than 17 years in Fundraising, Public Relations and Marketing - 10 of them with the Lakeland Regional Medical Center Foundation managing all facets of fundraising including annual giving, capital campaigns and planned giving. In 2013, Holly Parrish and her late co-founder Paula Higgins launched PH Solutions, LLC to assist non-profit organizations in running more efficient development efforts. Since that time, the organization has assisted more than 30 non-profits throughout the United States focusing on program/grant management, strategic development planning and outsourced database administration services. Holly is a Blackbaud Consulting Partner and is Raiser’s Edge certified (bCRE).