Fundraising Success: The Complete Development Plan
What you'll learn
- Create a development plan that will allow you to increase fundraising results for your nonprofit organization
- Select the fundraising activities that will work best for your organization
- Create a useful timeline of fundraising activities
- Differentiate between fundraising and development in order to increase the effectiveness of both
- Determine the effectiveness of current fundraising activities
- Evaluate the internal and external factors that impact your fundraising effectiveness
- Identify your fundraising team (and that’s not just you)
- Set achievable financial goals
- Set meaningful strategic goals for your development program
- While not necessary, it is helpful to have a copy of any current fundraising plans with you as you work through this course
- You will need a desire to improve your fundraising and a willingness to invest the time in creating a practical development plan
Do you hold countless fundraising activities, trying to bring in more dollars for your nonprofit organization?
Do you feel like you're on a hamster wheel of special events and direct mail campaigns?
Want to get off the hamster wheel?
A well-constructed development plan is your ticket!
Create a Development Plan So You Can Raise More Money.
Start by determining where you are. Then decide where you want to go. Finally set a map for getting there.
This course will walk you step by step through the techniques necessary to create a development plan that will get the staff and volunteers around you working toward well-crafted financial and strategic fundraising goals. Many nonprofits launch into fundraising by creating a special event and before they've recovered from that event, they launch into another one. If this sounds like your organization, we've got a better way to do things.
This course provides you with tools and resources to use again and again when creating your fundraising plan. Whether you are approaching the beginning of your fiscal year or already in the middle of it, this course teaches you to create a comprehensive plan to complete the fundraising cycle: identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors.
Brand new fundraisers and experienced professionals will benefit from the comfortable discussion style with over 2.5 hours of video lectures, Sara Leonard, CFRE, MBA, and Louanne Saraga Walters. You’ll become part of the discussion as you determine what to keep, what to add and what to eliminate from your nonprofit’s development plan.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for anyone with responsibilities for fundraising in a nonprofit organization
- Both paid staff and volunteers can benefit from this class
A Life Long Learner, Louanne has a passion for education. She is honored to have taught thousands of students in diverse areas: video production, nutrition and health, social media, personal and spiritual growth, organizational management and finance over the past three decades. She carries a primary passion for empowering people to express their full potential.
Louanne also has over 30 years in communications, teaching, finance and tourism including:
* A nutritionist and wellness coach with WellnessME.Life, Media & Education, a division of My Video Voice Productions, the full scale video production company she owns with her wife, Sharon.
* A TV news reporter/anchor with three NBC affiliates (KPOM, KRIS, KWQC)
* A video programmer and cruise director with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL)
* A financial advisor with Raymond James & Associates
* Director, Marketing & Communications at the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
* Instructor to entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits
* Co-Producer and Host of The Philanthropy Show®, an internet talk show program of My Video Voice Productions,
"I'm grateful to be able to serve thousands more students through this amazing platform Udemy has provided! I look forward to connecting with you in class - and please let me know if you have any comments or questions in the Discussion sections!"
B.A. Communications and Political Science, Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
M.S. Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine, University of Western States, Portland, Oregon
Sara Leonard, MBA, CFRE, is a solutions-oriented consultant, trainer and coach. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Tampa and an MBA from the University of South Florida. She is a Certified Fundraising Executive, has been named as a Master Trainer by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and completed the BoardSource Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education.
She founded the Sara Leonard Group to deliver excellent professional guidance, education and facilitation to those responsible for governance and board development. Instruction is based on nonprofit sector best practices prescribed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and BoardSource. She works with each client to create custom solutions. She strives to be “your partner in doing more good” with each engagement.
As the founding director of the Nonprofit Leadership Center’s Fund Development Academy, Sara created an extensive curriculum of fundraising and board governance courses. She has had the privilege of working with organizations to achieve their fundraising goals through instruction, coaching and consulting. She continues to serve as an instructor for the Fund Development Academy. She has worked in the nonprofit sector raising funds for healthcare, educational and cultural organizations.
Sara serves on the board of directors of the Suncoast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and New Tampa Young Life. She is a former board member of the AFP Florida Caucus. She lives in Tampa with her husband and two children.