Forward-Facing™ Professional Resilience
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This is training for professional helpers to prevent compassion fatigue and other work-related stress disorders.
- This is a discussion of the elements of trauma informed care and supporting materials on the nature of how trauma/adversity can impact life and health throughout the lifespan.
Forward-Facing™ Professional Resilience:
Prevention and Resolution of Burnout, Toxic Stress and Compassion Fatigue
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR RESILIENCE & LEADERSHIP
What you'll learn
Forward-Facing™ Professional Resilience is the result of 20+ years of research and development in the area of burnout and compassion fatigue prevention. We have published nine empirical peer-reviewed studies that have demonstrated the skills in this workshop lessen the stress-related effects of caregiving and service work. Additionally, these same skills—when implemented in a displaced approach—enhance well-being, performance and professional quality of life. This course provides the participant with training in each of the five (5) resilience skills for the prevention and resolution of work-related stress while, simultaneously, enhancing professional performance.
Anyone interested in learning how to lessen stress, improve resilience, enhance performance (cognitive and motor) and optimize personal/professional life is welcome to engage this course. There are no prerequisites.
Join Dr. Eric Gentry, LMHC in this workshop as he draws from the Accelerated Recovery Program for Compassion Fatigue and the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist training to provide an intensive one-day experiential training for professional helpers to prevent compassion fatigue and other work-related stress disorders. This course is an inoculation or vaccination against the potentially painful effects to caregivers working with troubled and traumatized populations. This training is also intended to produce an ameliorative effect upon the current compassion fatigue symptoms that participants may be experiencing. This training-as-treatment effect for this training has been published in several journals and is recognized as an effective treatment for the symptoms of compassion fatigue. The day is a potent alchemy of didactic information, experiential processing, and transformative techniques that assists the professional and/or volunteer care provider in resolving symptoms of compassion fatigue while, at once, developing resiliency skills and practices that prevent compassion fatigue symptoms in the future. Dr. Gentry has offered this training to over 100,000 satisfied professional and volunteer care providers in the U.S. and abroad.
1. Understand the history, causes, treatment and prevention of work-related stress for professional caregiver.
2. Identify the true causes of stress in personal and professional life.
3. Learn skills for successful self-regulation of anxiety, no matter the external context.
4. Develop knowledge and skills necessary to prevent the symptoms of work-related stress and fatigue through enhanced resiliency.
5. Utilization of self-regulations and perceptual maturation skills to significantly lessen the negative effects of work.
6. Development of a self-directed Professional Resiliency Plan that can be easily integrated into professional practice and personal life.
Credentialing: Participants who successfully complete this course are eligible to pursue credentialing as a Registered Forward-Facing™ Practitioner.
This course is not available for NBCC credit.
- • Mental health, teachers, probation, courts, child-protective agencies, foster parents, faith leaders; HR professionals, leadership.