flowchART: 15 Tools that Ignite You & Your Team to Success
What you'll learn
- 15 tools for facilitating breakthrough performance
- Bonus videos that provide additional depth on key topics
- Practice assignments to test your skills
- A quiz to check your understanding of key concepts
- Direct response to your questions from author Glenn Hughes
- Certification at completion
- There are no requirements for this course
In this course, award-winning author, trainer, and facilitator Glenn Hughes shares 15 of his most powerful tools for guiding individuals and teams to success.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Assess a group's current state and diagnose follow-up activities, using the Team Barometer.
- Create an impactful visual agenda that effectively manages group energy, using the Agenda Diamond.
- Avoid long digressions by limiting the topics of discussion, using In Play, Out of Play.
- Run smoother, faster events by identifying and recording off-topic subjects for later review, using the Parking Lot.
- Avoid unproductive assumptions by identifying blind spots, using Think, Know, Wonder.
- Increase efficiency by helping individuals and teams focus on core activities, using the Mission Bulls-eye.
- Energize a team by creating an aligned vision for improving the future, using A Better Tomorrow.
- Reduce friction by identifying what is really driving actions and behaviors, using Crossroads Values.
- Reduce confusion and mistakes by clarifying roles and responsibilities, using the R.A.C.I. Grid.
- Transition from one situation to another, using the Strategy Bridge.
- Identify the level of commitment you need, using the Commitment Gauge.
- Accelerate performance by clarifying decision power, using the Authority Continuum.
- Increase productive behaviors and decrease unproductive behaviors, using Rules of Engagement.
- Increase loyalty and commitment by identifying a group culture, using Team Anthropology.
- Increase productive dialogue regarding individual and team growth, using the Development Dozen.
Who this course is for:
- Human Resource Professionals
- Anyone who wants to make work or life easier for themselves and others
Glenn Hughes is an award-winning author, photographer, trainer, and facilitator.
As Senior Director of Learning & Development at KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, Glenn oversees KLA-Tencor's Corporate Learning Center (CLC).
KLA-Tencor was recognized in 2008 as a charter member of TRAINING Magazine's "Training Top 10 Hall of Fame" after placing in the world's Top 10 Training Organizations for 5 consecutive years.
Glenn is also the founder of SMART as Hell, a company that helps individuals and organizations 'change their world one goal at a time'. SMART as Hell researches and shares tools and best practices in goal writing and achievement - including the groundbreaking "SMARTometer", a tool for measuring the effectiveness of goals.
While living in Asia for more than 10 years, Glenn worked with many of the largest electronics companies in the world while managing multi-million dollar operations in China, Singapore, and Japan.
Glenn holds a Master's Degree in Adult Education and Training and a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. His instruction design credits include:
- Duarte Design's "slide:ology" workshop
- Group Harmonics' "Make Work Great" workshop
- Power Speaking's "Speaking Up" workshop and web-based training
- Robert Thompson's "The Offsite: A Leadership Simulation"
- The Thiagi Group's "Practical Advice Cards" series
Glenn is co-Author of "Photo Jolts! Image-based Activities that Increase Clarity, Creativity, and Conversation".
- The International Association of Facilitator's Facilitation Impact Award: Glenn received two 2013 Facilitation Impact Awards from the International Association of Facilitators, recognizing the world-class results that he and his clients have achieved.
- ISPI's 2014 Award of Excellence: Outstanding Human Performance Communication: for "Photo Jolts! Image-based Activities that Increase Clarity, Creativity, and Conversation".
Glenn is a frequent speaker at international conferences such as:
- ASTD (the American Society for Training and Development)
- ISPI (the International Society for Performance Improvement)
- Lakewood's TRAINING Conferences
- IAF (the International Association of Facilitators)
- NASAGA (the North American Simulation and Game Association)
- Fort Hill's Learning Transfer Conference