Find The Perfect Niche for your Creative Business
What you'll learn
- Employ some mindsets that are essential for creative success
- Relax and learn to embrace the unique joys of being an artist
- Effectively strategize ways to further their creative business
- Apply a customized approach to finding creative work that's suited just for them
- Feel confident that they are on the right creative path in life, even if they haven't yet met their goals
- Talk more easily with others about their talents, passions, and motivations, and how those affect their artistic pursuits
- There are no technical requirements or educational prerequisites to getting started with finding your creative niche!
- Students should be willing to be honest with themselves and able to perform self-criticism
- Students should already have some idea of what they want to do creatively as well a potential market they would like to serve
This course is an intensely self-reflective personal journey designed to help you find the unique creative business that is just right for you.
Through lectures and exercises, we will explore your passions, talents, and your ideal target audience, and how they come together to show you the perfect creative work that you are best suited for... and that people will buy from you!
Here's how the course is laid out:
In the first section we will discuss the essential mindsets that every student needs to get the most out of this personal journey of creativity.
Next, we will explore what a niche is and some of the common conceptions and misconceptions about it. We will also look at the element of focus and how it can help you get the most out of your creative energy.
Then in the core section of the course, we will look at my "Three Spotlight Method" of finding the ideal creative work for you. That includes exploring what your passions and talents are, as well as a guided tour through some specific methods of finding your ideal target market and how best to find the information you need to reach out to them.
Lastly, we will look at how these three elements of your creativity come together and interact... and how, when focused properly, can explode your creative success.
Why take this course? In order to get the most satisfaction as well as compensation for doing what you love to do!
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for people who are serious about not just finding creative work they love, but getting paid to do it.
- This course is NOT for hobbyists or people who aren't serious about earning a living (or at least some of their living) from their art.
- Whether you are a complete beginner or someone who is trying to re-examine or reinvent their creative choices, this course will be helpful in filling in the gaps so you can feel confident about your art.
Mike Roy has been a creative thinker and professional artist for more than twenty years.
In that time, he has worked on a cornucopia of creative projects, including print design, instructional software, tee shirts, paintings, logos, music videos, commercials, feature films, virtual reality projects, and special venue videos for stadium boards and custom Times Square installations.
Some of the many artsy hats he has worn have been graphic designer, t-shirt designer, musician, logo artist, instructional designer, web developer, visual effects artist, and writer.
More recently, his love for creative projects has undergone a transition to teaching, coaching, and writing, with the goal of helping enrich the lives of other creatives. His main vehicle for this is his blog at Artist Myth, where he teaches creatives how to get past the barriers that stand between them and the art they love to do.
In addition to his current duties as self-proclaimed creative mythbuster, he works at a major creative studio full time, and also is a devoted husband and dad of two amazing kids.