Fast Track Retail Buying and Merchandising
What you'll learn
- Understand how the field of buying and merchandising works
- Obtain an all-round picture of the topic from a practical and industry perspective
- Become familiar with concepts, jargon and acronyms
- Decide whether you want to pursue a career in buying and merchandising
- Build a solid foundation for more in-depth courses in the subject matter
- Understand basic metrics and how to set up spreadsheets for analysing data in retail merchandising
- There are no prerequisites for this course
Retail buying and merchandising is a very exciting field that looks at how retail enterprises go about planning the buying and selling of the right products, at the right place, right time, in the correct quantities, to the correct customer and at the correct price.
However, it isn't an easy topic to get your head around and that's largely due to the fact that the subject matter is littered with specialised terminology, concepts, jargon, acronyms, etc. For individuals who are new to the field it can be quite daunting to understand what these concepts mean, let alone getting a full picture of how everything ties in together to realise the complex clockwork of the buying and merchandising cycle.
This beginner course in retail buying and merchandising is quite special - special in the sense that it isn't your regular textbook or mishmash of explanations and it doesn't make assumptions on prior knowledge. This means that you'll be able to connect with the concepts regardless of your educational or professional background.
Furthermore, the course decomposes the topic into a number of fundamental but interrelated perspectives that describe the subject matter in a logical way. These perspectives define the course structure and also allow the discussion of useful examples taking into account the real-life industry aspects.
The course comprises of a range of audio-visual lectures with exercises towards the end of each relevant section to test your understanding of the topic.
So, are you ready to go from newcomer to all-rounder in retail buying and merchandising? You've stopped at the right course that's going to fast track your learning in record time!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is new to the area of buying and merchandising
- Students and professionals with an interest in buying and merchandising
- Jobseekers preparing their next interview for a related role
- This course does not cover advanced principles and also does not deal with in-depth Excel for retail
I am a seasoned technology professional with a passion for empowering people to apply innovative and best-in-class approaches targeted at information architecture, product management, business analysis and technical publications.
As a bestselling online instructor, one of my goals is to democratise knowledge graph technologies, ontology and semantic data representation techniques and their multifold applications.
I have a Ph.D. in systems & knowledge engineering and an extensive background in product design & manufacturing engineering.