Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero
What you'll learn
- Role of the private sector in energy transition and decarbonisation
- A company's definition of Net Zero
- Climate actions which companies can implement to reduce GHG emissions
- Role of financial services in decarbonisation of the economy
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites. Anyone can learn from this course.
- This course is best combined with its companion courses "Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines" and "ESG in Executive Leader's Agenda: Reporting and Analytics"
"Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero" is a short course that explores the role of the private sector in decarbonisation of the economy and transition to net zero. Specifically we will look at the Corporate and Financial Services sectors with the main focus on climate actions from perspective of any company, big or small.
This course is designed to:
raise awareness about the importance of climate actions by individual companies;
explain what achieving "net zero" means;
suggest actionable steps that would help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions;
explain concepts such as internal carbon pricing, circular economy and carbon offsets;
raise awareness about the importance of the Financial Services Industry in the energy transition and challenges facing financial institutions in decarbonisation of their portfolios.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of this subject, just an interest in business management, strategic thinking and desire to learn about solutions to the formidable problem of climate change. However this course is best with its companion course "Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines".
If you are interested in the industry-specific decarbonisation efforts and challenges, you will enjoy our courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector).
At the end of the course, we will test your knowledge with the multiple-question quiz and provide you with the Handout Slides with the summary of main points from the course.
I hope you will enjoy this course and I am looking forward to your feedback and reviews.
Please check out my other courses.
This course is part of the "CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PROFESSIONALS" series which consist of the following courses:
1. Key Climate Agreements & Role of Governments/Policymakers
2. Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero
3. Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines
4. ESG in Executive Leaders' Agenda: Reporting and Analytics
5. Power Sector Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
6. Heavy Industry Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
7. Transport and Mobility Decarbonisation & Energy Transition
8. Blockchain Technology in Climate Change and Sustainability
You can find the links on my profile page - just click my name at the bottom of the course description just before the course reviews.
*** Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) for the latest discounts on the courses and follow me on social media (LinkedIn) ***
#decarbonization #energytransition #netzero #GHGemissions #climateaction #climateawareness #climatechange #climatecrisis
Who this course is for:
- Leaders and managers who want to take action to reduce carbon footprint of their businesses
- ESG professionals who are looking at the GHG reduction strategies
- Procurement professionals who are interested to reduce Scope 3 emissions in the supply chain of their companies
- Management consultants who are considering transition to climate change advisory
- Anyone who wants to get broader understanding of climate change soutions
- Climate activists and general public who want to understand the role of corporates and financial institutions in addressing climate change
I have a particular interest in the topics of climate change, decarbonisation, energy transition, digital technologies, data science and machine learning. I believe that even if you are not working in technology or climate change, you still deserve education on these important topics, so that you could be better equipped to deal with new realities and contribute to the society and planet. So I design my own training courses, courses for corporate clients, and offer production services to other instructors/lecturers or organisations.
Professionally, I am a management consultant, project, programme and change manager, media producer/director with 20 years of experience in financial services industry (operations and consulting) and 10 years of experience in media/video production industry (educational content and corporate communications).
I am passionate about change, strategic development, operational transformation and learning new things. I have experience of working in both large corporate and start-up environments, and running my own business.
Masters in Banking and Finance. Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA). Certified in Filmmaking (London Film Academy).
Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) and social media for the latest discounts.