12 Microeconomics courses (20 hrs) ... Accredited
- 23.5 hours on-demand video
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explain how to interpret elasticity
- Using demand and supply, illustrate price determination
- Examine the impact of tax/subsidies
- Apply ceteris paribus
- Evaluate the sugar tax and other Case Studies
- Decluttering and impact on economy
- Lean management
- The art of letting go
- Stroke risk - and what can be done
- Learn microeconomics through football
- It would be helpful if you had a pen and paper to practice the diagrams
- You should be able to use a PC at beginner level
- There is a lot of repetition in this basic course as these are key principles of Economics
DO NOT ENROL ON THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SAMPLE LESSONS AND ALSO READ THIS COURSE DESCRIPTION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THIS IS PAID FOR, A GIFT OR EVEN...FREE. IT STILL TAKES TIME TO WATCH. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS COURSE. THANK YOU.
BEFORE YOU ENROL:
1. Watch the Preview video
2. Watch the sample lectures
3. Thoroughly read this course description
4. Be fully aware that participation is encouraged - that means there are manuals (several) numerous discussions (Q/A sections) and regular Education Announcements
5. To achieve the Oxford Diploma requires quite a lot of work. To acquire the Completion Certificate you can just...watch. You can choose to do either, neither or...both. Questions are responded to quickly.
6. Remember too that this course includes an OPTIONAL course in Business Economics English.
Five reasons to TAKE THIS COURSE right now:
You cannot lose - 30 day refund if you really really don't like the course BUT if you DO like it:
a. updated lectures
b. case studies based on very very current news items
c. detailed responses to messages
d. I constantly attempt to have a 'class atmosphere' e.g. throwing questions open to all
e. regular Announcements that are not disguised sales ploys
f. regular FREE access to numerous other courses offered by me
I am a lecturer/teacher in Economics by trade i.e. I teach full-time for a living. I have been Principal, Director of Studies and Head of Economics. (Oxford, UK) I have lectured in University, adult evening classes and also run over 50 seminars in the UK
I am/have been an Examiner for FIVE different examination boards
I have 100+ books on Amazon - many of them about Business/Economics
The success of my students has been featured on the BBC, Daily Telegraph, The Times and I have been featured on TV in 2 countries.
I make courses on Udemy primarily because I enjoy the process of causing learning. Many of my courses are to improve lives. One of the Economics courses is to raise money for charity. (100% of revenue goes to the charity) Fundamentally this course is about helping you.
About the course
This is a course covering the key areas in micro economics at a beginners/intermediate level. It is the principles of economics that are emphasised, repeated and supported with notes. Very clearly explained and reinforced with notes and revision lectures. This course is IDEAL for the beginner who wants to advance quickly.
Price elasticity of demand
Price elasticity of supply
Elasticity and how to interpret it
Elasticity - calculations
Elasticity - shape of curves
Elasticity - tax/subsidy incidence
Microeconomics of football
This course is ideal for the BEGINNER who wishes to progress as well as someone with experience in studying Economics as the topics are pitched at several levels.
Why learn from me?
5 years experience as a Buyer for a multinational car company
Owner of two companies in the Education sector
Trainer of Economics and Business teachers
30 years experience in teaching/lecturing Economics in Oxford (UK) and worldwide
Highly responsive to questions asked relating to lectures
Constantly improving and developing courses at Udemy
REMEMBER ALSO THE NUMEROUS REVISION LECTURES!
At the end of the course are some case studies based on articles in August 2019. This is to give you the opportunity to check what you know - and then (if you wish) send answers in! (They are on the micro topics above such as taxes, elasticity, demand, supply etc)
REGULAR ANNOUNCEMENTS MAKE SURE THIS COURSE IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE.
Two new workbooks added:
New Year Economics 2020
June 2020 - new course on the Microeconomics of football
- University students who need to quickly master the Micro!
- Beginners in Economics who wish a speedy progression
- Anyone buying or selling services
- Anyone wanting to ENJOY learning about Economics
- All consumers
The subject matter is tariffs. Based round a newspaper article (very current) I ask a lot of questions...this will REALLY test your progress!
The subject matter is competition and elasticity. Based round a newspaper article (very current) I ask a lot of questions...this will REALLY test your progress! Why not have a go and post your answers?
The subject matter is the Housing Market. Based round a newspaper article (very current) I ask a lot of questions...this will REALLY test your progress!
The subject matter is terminology. Based round a newspaper article (very current) I ask a lot of questions...this will REALLY test your progress!