Effective Expert Witnessing
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Participants will gain an understanding of the qualifications needed to become an expert
- Gain helpful strategies for preparing an expert report.
- Be able to deliver effective testimony at deposition and trial.
- Lean about the legal framework governing expert credibility and the formation of expert opinion
- The 5th edition of Effective Expert Witnessing by Dr. Jack V. Matson is the companion text for the course and is recommended reading but not required.
The Effective Expert Witnessing course was developed by Jack V. Matson, Ph.D, P.E. and Matson & Associates to provide in-depth guidance for successful expert witnessing. The lessons taught are applicable for experts from around the world in a wide range of disciplines, such as engineering, environmental forensics, mathematics, computer sciences, life sciences, and physical sciences. The course covers the pre-trial process, preparing for trial, and the courtroom drama. Throughout the course you will hear from seasoned expert witnesses, a practicing lawyer, and a social psychologist that specializes in witness preparation. With their diverse backgrounds and vast knowledge and experience in expert witnessing, these presenters offer advice on all aspects of the legal process in the U.S. court system. The course also includes tips on how to survive motions to exclude and explores the psychology of the jury with advice on how to be an effective witness at trial. The companion text Effective Expert Witnessing, 5th edition by Dr. Matson can be found online in hard copy and eBook. For more detailed information on the course and presenter bios see www.expertwitnesscourse.com
Note: This course qualifies for up to 4 Professional Development Hours (PDH) in most states. For further information on qualifying continuing education credits for professional license holders please contact your state's professional registration board.
- This course is designed for both the novice expert and the professional interested in getting into the field of expert witnessing.
- It is applicable for experts in a wide range of disciplines, such as engineering, forensics, mathematics, technology fields, life sciences, and physical sciences.