Digital Illustration: Make A Custom Character Illustration
What you'll learn
- Learn the Basics of Adobe Illustrator CC
- Develop Concept Sketches & Turn It Into A Digital Illustration
- Create Fluid Vector Graphics (Logo, Character Illustration, Etc.)
- Make Infinitely Scalable Artwork that you can put on business cards, ads, post cards, or even a billboard!
- Use the Pen Tool to Make the Line Work of a Sketch
- Use the Pathfinder Tool to Unite Vectors & Make Complex Shapes
- Use The Reflector Tool to Manipulate Artwork
- Import Sketches Into A Computer
- Save & Export Artwork for Upload to the Internet
- Sketch Pad, Paper, or something to draw on
- You will need basic to intermediate drawing capability. This course will show you how to digitally illustrate a sketch that you make on your own, but you will need to make a sketch on your own first.
- Access to the internet (either on a smartphone or a computer)
- Computer (This course uses Mac and covers all relevant course tasks using a Mac, but other computer brand users are welcome. DISCLAIMER: Though most things are similar when it comes to Mac vs PC, some interface operations and command keys will be different, and is expected that non-Mac users will search out questions related to those differences on their own. This course will not cover non-Mac related questions.)
- Scanner (In this course I use a Canon MG3100 to Scan in my artwork. Most scanners will be similar to course process. DISCLAIMER: It is the responsibility of each individual student to seek out questions regarding their Printer/Scanner model on their own. The Instructor can't possibly know how each printer is suppose to operate, and it will not be covered within the scope of this course.)
Design your own Character Illustration using Adobe Illustrator CC. Learn how to quickly develop a hand-drawn sketch to cultivate a custom design, then discover how to take that refined sketch into your personal computer to digitally illustrate it. This course will show you how to take just a few simple tools and create a high-quality & professional product that you can use to promote yourself online.
Become a Digital Illustrator in under an hour! Learn Adobe’s best software tools to achieve the look your going for. From using Adobe’s Pen Tool to create liquid-smooth vector lines, to using the Reflector tool in order to manipulate your artwork's contours, then pulling everything together, using the Pathfinder tool to unite your full character Illustration!
Design Custom High-Quality Illustrations, Digitize them like a Professional, And Use Your Work For Digital Products on Business Cards, Tshirt Designs, Etsy Items, Online Ads, or even Promotion!
Learn my Personal Digital Illustration process
Discover how to synthesize inspiration to develop an original idea
Learn Adobe Illustrator CC's best tools and project workflow
Understand how to translate hand drawn items into digital products
Learn how to effectively layer your digital elements and bring a design to completion
Digital Illustration is all over the web. We see in smartphone apps, website design, clothing goods, handmade item websites... Tons of current online marketplaces - from Threadless, Society 6, Etsy, Zazzle, TeeSpring and a plethora of other websites make their profits because digital design makes HIGHLY attractive products. Digital illustration is one of the best ways to make your work get noticed online, and even make money online from your own products if you get good enough at it. Digital Illustration is an art form for the modern age. Creating digital products of your own to sell, distribute, and brand yourself is essential in today's online business and commerce. Digital Illustration takes your products to the next level, and gives you the customization simple clip art cannot do.
Put the power in your own hands, and learn how to use your personal computer to create some design magic. Add to your répertoire of creative ability. Tap into world-leading software. Absorb effective design methods. Learn a workflow that can impact your work and products immediately.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Who Wants to Create Fun & Simple Character Digital Illustrations
- This course isn't for those that don't enjoy learning new software
Teach a variety of classes on creative topics from a practical and straight-forward viewpoint. I aim to achieve the best results with the least amount of time wasted.
Always make it the goal to give real-world value by showing you the efficiencies and tricks I've discovered along the way. The hope is to dispense lasting skills and inspire people to create awesome things.