Designing Usable and Effective Business Dashboards
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will be able to add "Dashboard Design Expert" in your profile.
- You will be able to execute "dashboard design" projects from scratch to delivery.
- You will be able to articulate and "ask right questions" to your clients / stakeholders strenthening their confidence in your expertise.
- You will be able to prove that "you are capable" of driving design projects in right direction.
- Identify type of dashboard needed for your clients requirement.
- Apply UX methodology step by step in a real world business situation from user research to dashboard delivery.
- Secret to Dashboard Success: Convert raw data into actionable insights.
- Basics of User Centered Design (UCD) and difference between UX and UCD.
- Real life design exercise as a warm-up session. You can send your designs for feedback & comments.
- Creating Design Strategy which will provide design directions for dashboard.
- How to take User Interviews and eliciting insights from it.
- How to create user persona from user research.
- Working with wireframing and interactive prototyping software "Axure RP". (It is used by more than 25,000 organizations around the world including 87 of the Fortune 100)
- Designing quick concept sketches for ideation.
- Designing high - fidelity interactive business dashboard prototypes in Axure.
- Understanding information visualization and its impact on dashboard design.
- Improving dashboard presentation by working on Layout, Color, Font and Icons.
- Test dashboards with your users (Usability Testing) to check if it really works!
- Bundling your design deliverables and presenting it to your client.
- Impress your client by showing systematic translation of user research into intuitive dashboards.
- 45 well-structured lectures with step by step content.
- Free downloadable templates on Design Strategy, User Persona, Visualization Selection, Dashboard Layouts etc.
- Dashboard Presentation PRO Tips.
- Detailed "User Interview Protocol" to help you kick start user interviews.
- Last but not the least, full time proactive support from myside to ensure that you get value for money :-)
- Axure RP (30 days free trial version available)
- No previous design experience needed but willingness to learn is a must.
Can you improve something without measuring it? No. Right?
This is why we need business dashboards to measure and improve business performance, producing real business ROI.
For most of the people, more often than not, aesthetic beauty takes the front seat and becomes the only parameter to justify better designs. Thanks to Steve Jobs who shattered this myth by quoting - "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works!"
Business dashboards are not foreign to this concept. We have many sophisticated tools which let us create business dashboards in minutes, but rarely we think about it's usefulness in business context. We forget that developer who is building the dashboard is not the person who is actually going to consume it. We neglect User Centered Design process while designing business dashboards.
And the result? We end up designing "Instinct Based Subjective Design" which hardly provides any value. This course takes you on a journey of creating "Research Based User Centric Objective Design" which provides true ROI to your client.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about user research, design strategy, design conceptualization, wire framing, prototyping and testing it with your end users to make sure it really works! You will learn all this from scratch so it doesn't matter how much experience you have when you take up this course.
In this 64 well-structured video lecture series, we will start with understanding a real life business challenge. I will give you an opportunity to perform a design exercise and I can provide you the feedback on the same. This will help you understand what I mean by "Instinct based subjective design". Then we will proceed on with learning how to take user interviews effectively and how to elicit design key pointers from it. We will create a systematic design strategy to achieve our business goal. We will create user persona to better understand our user and feed all these research insights practically onto paper to create concept sketches for dashboard. We will refine concept sketch step by step focusing on visualizations, layout, font, color, icons etc. until we reach our close to perfect dashboard. (Because in reality, there is nothing like perfect design :-)
Hey, we are not going to stop yet! We will test our dashboard with real users to understand if it really works! And in last, we are to show you how to bundle your deliverables and help your team members consume all this stuff along the way.
This course will help you in converting raw business data into actionable insights.
This course will help you in analyzing and communicating business information effectively for quality decision making.
So what are you waiting for? Join me in this exciting and rewarding journey of effective business dashboard design!
- New or established business owners who want to track various aspects of their business performance.
- UX designers who want to enhance their scope of expertise.
- Developers who work with Tableau, Power BI, or any other analytics platform and would want to bring User Centered Design aspect in their work.
- Business Analysts who want to know how User Centered Design method can help them create usable business dashboards.
- Students / beginners who want to learn UX, its process, and want to implement research into design practically in real life business situation.
- Freelancers who are dealing with “dashboard” projects and aim to bring more ROI for their client.