Writing Better Emails: deSchool Your Skills
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- * compose more effective “alive” letters that are worth being replied to
- * write much simply but not primitively and create more personified relationships with your readers
- * learn new emailing hacks and apply new language
- * change your emailing approaches and acquire new techniques
- * stop writing bullshit kinda stuff:)
- You should have open mind to new things and ideas, as well as readiness to unlearn some old non-working techniques.
- You should have willingness to improve your business writing skills and at least an Intermediate level of English
You may be thinking: “Come on, it’s just an email.” And not bother much.
But you may lose opportunities (partnership, promotion, salary raise) because of mindless wording or failure to communicate concisely.
Or even worse, you may sound indifferent, arrogant and neglectful with your readers! Remember, on the other side of the screen is an alive person (doesn’t matter a client, an investor or a colleague)! With their hopes and dreams, plans and intentions, problems and fears.
Stop writing bullshitty and boring 'please find attached' and ‘kindly be advised', ‘I am writing to … ‘, ASAP, creating even bigger emotional distance between you and your readers.
But there is a better way (I am glad I figured it out:)) on time. Let me show you how to:
craft easy-to-read engaging emails
write in conversational style with the focus on reader’s needs
word modernly without old-fashioned cliches, apologetic and redundant phrases
develop short messages by using plain expressions
optimise polite language
eliminate approval seeking behaviour
use power words to show confidence and commitment
emphasis important ideas and de-emphasizes unimportant ones
and much more!
The crucial factor here is your willingness to take the first step, open your mind to new experience, and become more mindful emailer!
Here's what you're going to learn:
a lot of life-hacks and techniques for compelling emailing
practical skills for writing “alive” letters
working tools for ’simple’, but not primitive emails
understanding how the rules of business writing have changed and why 'kindly be advised’ and ‘please, find attached’ don’t work anymore
do’s&dont’s of emails that are worth being replied to
tips on how to avoid potential confusion and misunderstanding
upgraded ability to effectively communicate with other people.
We will also
outline the golden rule of business writing
discuss 3 corresponding key principles
refine your practical skills
apply ROR for business emailing
come up with suggestions for revising your letters.
The course also includes strategies to
engage and keep your reader’s attention
save time and money for you and your reader
Please, look carefully at the curriculum and watch the FREE preview videos to find out whether the content is right for you and whether you like my teaching style, as well as the manner of delivery. The course will not suit for those, who are not ready for some alternative viewpoints!
Hope you will enjoy our journey together, and I'm very excited to see you on the course. So, enrol now!
- This course is perfect for a business emailer, who is no longer satisfied with boring, old-fashioned writing cliches and wants to take their business emailing skills to the next level with the help of modern tools, tips and hacks, acquired from real day-to-day practice, observation, analysis and research.