Power Sector Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
What you'll learn
- Decarbonisation and challenges of energy transition, emerging new business models
- Introduction to Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilisation technologies
- Overview of the power sector, sources of energy and how this sector is adapting to energy transition
- Renewables, grid flexibility, long-duration energy storage solutions, hydrogen and bioenergy
- Role of nuclear power in energy transition
- Mining: Critical minerals for energy transition
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites. Anyone can learn from this course.
- This course is best combined with its companion course "Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero" and our other courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector)
"Decarbonisation and Energy Transition: Power Sector" is a short course that explores the concept of decarbonization and energy transition, as well as emergence of new technologies and new business models.
This course is designed to:
raise awareness about the urgent need to cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and transition to low-carbon economy;
explain what decarbonisation and energy transition mean and the challenges of such transition;
provide overview of ever-improving technologies and their impact on the energy sector (including renewables, CCUS, battery storage, hydrogen, advanced fission, SMRs and nuclear fusion);
describe the structure of the power sector, and how different actors are interrelated (fossil fuels, wind and solar power, smart grids, bioenergy, hydropower and hydro storage, hydrogen energy, nuclear power and mining)
You don’t need any prior knowledge of this subject, just an interest in business management, strategic thinking, modern technologies, sustainability from natural resources, as well as desire to learn about solutions to the formidable problem of climate change. However this course is best with its companion course "Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero" and our other courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector).
At the end of the course, we will test your knowledge with the multiple-question quiz and provide you with the Handout Slides with the summary of main points from the course.
I hope you will enjoy this course and I am looking forward to your feedback and reviews.
Please check out my other courses.
This course is part of the "CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PROFESSIONALS" series which consist of the following courses:
1. Key Climate Agreements & Role of Governments/Policymakers
2. Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero
3. Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines
4. ESG in Executive Leaders' Agenda: Reporting and Analytics
5. Power Sector Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
6. Heavy Industry Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
7. Transport and Mobility Decarbonisation & Energy Transition
8. Blockchain Technology in Climate Change and Sustainability
You can find the links on my profile page - just click my name at the bottom of the course description just before the course reviews.
*** Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) for the latest discounts on the courses and follow me on social media (LinkedIn) ***
#decarbonization #energytransition #netzero #GHGemissions #climateaction #climateawareness #climatechange #climatecrisis
Who this course is for:
- Leaders and managers who are interested in exploring the general technical and geopolitical issues around the concept of energy transition and decarbonisation, and find the ways to contribute to GHG reductions
- Government officials who are tasked with the development or execution of net-zero/decarbonisation policies and initiatives
- Management consultants who are considering transition to climate change advisory
- Financial services professionals and asset owners who are interested in decarbonisation of their portfolios of assets
- Technical professionals who want to get broader understanding of climate change and their role in transitioning to net-zero
- Innovators and inventors looking for inspiration to come up with solutions to complex climate change problems
- Students who are starting to learn about electrical networks, electrical engineering or smart grids
- Anyone who wants to be fluent in talking about climate change, and be comfortable with terms and acronyms such as renewables, grid flexibility, smart grids, sector coupling, energy storage, LDES, hydrogen, CCUS, nuclear fission and nuclear fusion, SMRs, etc.
- Anyone who wish to engage with the challenges and potential solutions to sustainability and climate change
I have a particular interest in the topics of climate change, decarbonisation, energy transition, digital technologies, data science and machine learning. I believe that even if you are not working in technology or climate change, you still deserve education on these important topics, so that you could be better equipped to deal with new realities and contribute to the society and planet. So I design my own training courses, courses for corporate clients, and offer production services to other instructors/lecturers or organisations.
Professionally, I am a management consultant, project, programme and change manager, media producer/director with 20 years of experience in financial services industry (operations and consulting) and 10 years of experience in media/video production industry (educational content and corporate communications).
I am passionate about change, strategic development, operational transformation and learning new things. I have experience of working in both large corporate and start-up environments, and running my own business.
Masters in Banking and Finance. Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA). Certified in Filmmaking (London Film Academy).
Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) and social media for the latest discounts.