Heavy Industry Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
What you'll learn
- Industry decarbonisation and challenges of energy transition
- Overview of the most carbon-intensive industrial processes and products (including cement, hydrogen, steel and aluminium)
- Industry decarbonisation (electrification, energy efficiency, low carbon fuels, carbon capture, innovation in technology and materials)
- Examples of new low-carbon manufacturing approaches
- There are no special requirements or prerequisites. Anyone can learn from this course.
- This course is best combined with its companion course "Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero" and our other courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector)
"Decarbonisation and Energy Transition: Industry" is a short course that focuses on decarbonization challenges in Industry sectors of the economy, which are particularly hard to abate.
This course is designed to:
raise awareness about the urgent need to cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and transition to low-carbon economy;
explain what decarbonisation and energy transition mean for the industry and the challenges of such transition;
provide overview the most carbon intensive industrial products and processes and discuss some of the new technologies being developed to address the problem.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of this subject, just an interest in business management, strategic thinking, modern technologies and sustainability, as well as desire to learn about solutions to the formidable problem of climate change. However this course is best with its companion courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector).
At the end of the course, we will test your knowledge with the multiple-question quiz and provide you with the Handout Slides with the summary of main points from the course.
I hope you will enjoy this course and I am looking forward to your feedback and reviews.
Please check out my other courses.
This course is part of the "CLIMATE CHANGE FOR PROFESSIONALS" series which consist of the following courses:
1. Key Climate Agreements & Role of Governments/Policymakers
2. Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero
3. Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines
4. ESG in Executive Leaders' Agenda: Reporting and Analytics
5. Power Sector Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
6. Heavy Industry Decarbonisation and Energy Transition
7. Transport and Mobility Decarbonisation & Energy Transition
8. Blockchain Technology in Climate Change and Sustainability
You can find the links on my profile page - just click my name at the bottom of the course description just before the course reviews.
*** Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) for the latest discounts on the courses and follow me on social media (LinkedIn) ***
#decarbonization #energytransition #netzero #GHGemissions #climateaction #climateawareness #climatechange #climatecrisis
Who this course is for:
- Leaders and managers who are interested in exploring the issues around the concept of energy transition and decarbonisation, and find the ways to contribute to GHG reductions
- Government officials who are tasked with the development or execution of net-zero/decarbonisation policies and initiatives
- Financial services professionals and asset owners who are interested in decarbonisation of their portfolios of assets
- Technical professionals who want to get broader understanding of climate change and their role in transitioning to net-zero
- Students who are starting to learn about industrial processes and product design
- Innovators and inventors looking for inspiration to come up with solutions to complex climate change problems
- Management consultants who are considering transition to climate change advisory
- Anyone who wish to engage with the challenges and potential solutions to sustainability and climate change
I have a particular interest in the topics of climate change, decarbonisation, energy transition, digital technologies, data science and machine learning. I believe that even if you are not working in technology or climate change, you still deserve education on these important topics, so that you could be better equipped to deal with new realities and contribute to the society and planet. So I design my own training courses, courses for corporate clients, and offer production services to other instructors/lecturers or organisations.
Professionally, I am a management consultant, project, programme and change manager, media producer/director with 20 years of experience in financial services industry (operations and consulting) and 10 years of experience in media/video production industry (educational content and corporate communications).
I am passionate about change, strategic development, operational transformation and learning new things. I have experience of working in both large corporate and start-up environments, and running my own business.
Masters in Banking and Finance. Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA). Certified in Filmmaking (London Film Academy).
Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) and social media for the latest discounts.