Death, Grief and Healing - for September 2022 and onwards!
What you'll learn
- Entire content of Institute of Counselling Certificates (Counselling/Bereavement)
- Through workbooks, discussions and lectures how to work through grief...how to heal
- About Attachment, Loss, Grief - and then how to Heal
- Specific techniques for Grief and Bereavement Counsellors
- How to begin to cope with the Grief and Loss that is COVID-19
- How to come to terms with their own mortality
- Quell certain fears that may have arisen
- Look forward to the future with more wonder and peace than before
- Make far better use of their time left
- How death in the shape of COVID-19 is rampaging throughout the world - especially America
- Openly discuss death with relatives and others
- Look back with memories rather than plans
- Be better prepared to study to become a Bereavement Counsellor
- How children view death and how you can help them cope
- Know about Mourning
- Death rituals worldwide
- Thoughts of major Philosophers on Death
- Understand Grief and the Family Unit
- Decluttering and deathcleaning
- COVID-19 and the Elderly
- Interest in Psychology and/or Bereavement Counselling
- A willingness to contemplate death - in you and/or loved ones
- An open mind - able to shift from fear to acceptance
- Ideally, a printer for the numerous workbooks
Note: This course does not qualify the recipient to perform any form of therapy or counseling for any other person
THE ONLY GRIEF HEALING COURSE ON UDEMY OFFERING THE OXFORD GOLD STAR DIPLOMA
Throughout the course the emphasis is on going slowly - at your own pace. Think about what you are seeing, hearing...feeling. Share if you wish - participation in the Q/A is encouraged - it is not just for Questions and Answers but suggestions, comments, thoughts....
1. Death, Grief and Healing - in Ukraine (current June 2022)
2. Instead of a workbook - a section where students evaluate and discuss
3. Death in America
4. Distress tolerance
5. Celebration of Life Service
6. Death - a religious viewpoint
7. Death - one person's viewpoint
8. Thinking about death
9. Death - helping your parents grieve
10. Death, Grief and Healing - come, walk with me
11. Meditations to help you grieve
Warning: there are elements of this course that you may find distressing as the material here is very current (June 2022). Remember though that although 'death' is in the title, so is 'grief and healing'. The purpose of this course is to help you grieve...to help you heal. Meditations are included together with areas for you to carry out your own investigations.
Three detailed workbooks/journals are included plus numerous other resources.
Who this course is for:
- Potential Grief and Bereavement Counsellors
- Those studying for a Grief and Bereavement Counselling Certificate
- Those with an interest in psychology, films, counselling...deaths
- Those apprehensive about death, grief and bereavement
- Anyone who wishes death was not a taboo subject
- Those wanting to prepare for the impact of death of a loved one
- Anyone wanting to talk to their children about death
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.