RYA Day Skipper Online Tutorials
What you'll learn
- You will be confident when it comes to taking the chartwork paper in the RYA Day Skipper theory exam
- These aid memoire videos will help when it comes to taking your RYA practical courses
- The videos will provide you with a shore based theory refresher prior to tasking practical RYA/MCA exams
- If you are having difficulty understanding what you shore based instructor or the course is telling you these videos will make everything clear
- There are no requirements. Most people start the RYA Day Skipper shore based course with little or no navigational knowledge.
This Day Skipper course is designed to help you pass your RYA Day Skipper chartwork exam with confidence.
You may already be studying with an RYA training centre or doing an RYA online course. These videos are designed as a study aid and will help you to grasp the principle behind all the navigational and chartwork disciplines - and master them.
This course is taught by Duncan Wells, RYA instructor, features writer for Yachting Monthly, Sailing Today and Sail Magazine, author of Stress Free Sailing and creator of the safety aid, MOB Lifesavers.
You will have a lifetime access to these videos not just from you computer but also from your tablet and mobile phone (Android and iOS). And so the videos will help you as you take your Day Skipper shore based theory and as a refresher when you come to do the practical part of the Day Skipper, out on the water.
The discussion feature will allow you to ask questions directly, which can be answered either by other students or by us at Westview Sailing.
We suggest that you start this course well in advance of your exam and that you watch each video until you really understand the concept. Whether it is Estimated Position or Course To Steer, it is just a question of becoming familiar with the process and then exam questions will be a breeze.
We have also just added a section on weather which will give you a good grounding in weather and allow you to predict weather for yourself. Look at the pressure, look at the synoptic chart, look out of the window and marry the three up. Very soon you will be able to tell what will happen just by looking at the synoptic chart.
If you are not satisfied with the course after the purchase please do contact us, if we can not solve the problem we offer a thirty (30)-day, no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
Finally, we wish good luck with your exam and the course.
West View Sailing.
Who this course is for:
- This course is a study aid for RYA students who are taking the Day Skipper shore based course with an RYA Training Centre or online.
- If you want a full RYA Day Skipper theory course where you will receive an RYA Day Skipper shore based theory certificate then you need to head to Westview Sailing
I am the principal of Westview Sailing. I am an RYA Instructor. I have been on the water one way or another all my life from dinghies as a young boy, to small cabin cruisers that we would trail to the sea and launch in my teens, to racing boats, 1/4 tonners, 1 tonners, Admirals' cup boats in my twenties and thirties, to a Princess 45 motor cruiser and now for the past 14 years Dorothy Lee my Hallberg Rassy 352 sailing boat.
I write for yachting magazines, Yachting Monthly, Sailing Today in the UK and Sail Magazine in the US.
I am the author of the popular 'Stress Free Sailing - Single & Short Handed Techniques', which is fast becoming the Bible for cruising sailors. And now I am writing 'Stress Free Motor Boating', for the motorboaters. 'Stress Free Astro Navigation - the only book that actually shows you how to navigate by the stars and planets', is next.
I have invented MOB Lifesavers, which are answer the question, 'How do we get a man in the water back on board if he can't help himself?' "We don't go down to him", with a Lifesaver attached to the lifting loop in his lifejacket, "He comes up to us".
Oh and my day job is that of a Voiceover actor.
I do hope you find the Westview Video Tutorials helpful. To date thousands of RYA and MCA students have used them to help them pass their exams.
- 4.2 Instructor Rating
- 115 Reviews
- 296 Students
- 2 Courses