Dao De Jing: Living with Ease
What you'll learn
- Discover effortlessness and ease in life
- Access the inner resources of mindfulness and deep contemplation
- Grow stronger and wiser in the midst of a busy life
- Make more conscious life decisions
- Experience more open-heartedness and joy
- Find empowerment to move towards your highest goals and deepest calling
- There are no prerequisites.
The Dao De Jing is an ancient Chinese classic attributed to the 6th Century BCE sage, Laozi. The text is one of the most translated works of literature in the world. The insights contained within it are an inspiration for anyone seeking to live in harmony with nature and find inner liberation.
This course is designed to be experiential and self-reflective. Rather than simply giving you intellectual information on the Dao De Jing, our aim is to help everyone experience the profound state of mind that enabled texts like the Dao De Jing to be written in the first place.
- Recognizing our conditioning
- Examining our core beliefs
- Discovering our true nature
- Learning to move through life with more ease and effortlessness
The course includes original translations by Mei, your course instructor, who studied Oriental Studies at Oxford and has been a practitioner of contemplative arts since childhood. As with all Intrinsic Wellness courses, students are invited to become the 'living philosophers' and to take your own lives as the real subject of study.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested self-transformation and personal development.
- Anyone who appreciate Classical Literature and Eastern Philosophy.
- Anyone who would like to handle life's challenges more successfully.
My interest in living an awakened life began at an early age. Although the roots of presence stem much earlier still, I clearly remember plunging into spirituality shortly after I arrived in the UK as an eight-year-old.
Over the years, I've been on many retreats and been tutored by many great teachers, including Adyashanti, Lance Cousins, and Tara Brach. I've also been supported and nourished by communities like Wake Up and Zenways.
Alongside these personal explorations, I also have formal training in this area. This includes a BA in Oriental Studies, specializing in Sanskrit and Pali from Oxford University, mindfulness teacher training, and studying acupuncture at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine.
Through Intrinsic Wellness, I hope to be able to support others who feel inspired by Laozi, and other ancient sages, to walk in their footsteps and live a more conscious, awake life.