What you'll learn
- Be creative in different contexts and projects, their success determined solely by their willpower and ideas.
- Question the obvious and think beyond stereotypes to widen their perspectives of the world and create with a broader point of view.
- Think big and get inspiration from the most unexpected sources.
- Be able to understand the importance of relationships in the construction of creative resources.
- Get through each of the different steps of the creative process and reformulate the process according to their needs.
- Experiment and apply some of the most relevant creative techniques to generate and systematize ideas.
- Understand and overcome the blocks and fears that affect the creative process.
- Implement creativity in many aspects of their personal life, reinventing them at many levels.
- Apply creative thinking to the way they interact and build society around them.
- Use the creative thinking mindset through each step of idea implementation, catalyzing innovation.
- You don’t need any previous experience or specific skills or background, you just need to be open to the proposed contents and adapt to yourself all the information that will be shared here.
This is not a common course about Creative Thinking, but a positive mindshake to help open your mind to what is possible and make you question what you usually take for granted. A course focused on exploring possibilities.
Through 11 sessions you will journey to a broader view about Creativity in a very easy way. Each session has a theme that is developed in 4 to 7 short videos, plus a summary-video, so your attention stays focused all the time. You will have 3,5 hours of videos, in total, that you can watch according to your needs. You will also find quizzes and experiential activities after each of the sessions, including lots of additional resources that you can explore (links to videos, articles, book references). Plus, you will have the instructor available to reply to all your questions at least twice per week.
This course will be mostly focused on the person, as the basis of the Creative Thinker. The majority of the content is centered on the structure any creative person should have before starting to create: consciousness, ability to think big, unconstrained perspective, openness to inspiration and to relationships.
We will also focus on practical aspects of the creative process: its different steps and phases, some of the most used techniques to generate and systematize ideas and the most common blocks on creativity including suggestions to overcome them.
Finally, we will explore contexts where you can apply your creative thinking. It can be in your own personal life, or in the society that surrounds you, from your closer circle to your neighborhood or country.
The course is taught through examples and personal stories from the Portuguese instructor, illustrating scientific research in an easy to understand way. At the end, you will probably feel that you belong to her creative tribe, too. And the course gets better and better, so don't judge it for the first sessions.
Take all the inspiration, insights and techniques you can from this course and start changing your world. It is all in your hands just waiting for you to open your mind and embrace the creative thinker inside you!
- The course was produced and developed by Edite Amorim with the collaboration of Rita Pureza and video and edition by Mário Brandão
Who this course is for:
- The General public, from teachers to housewives, students to entrepreneurs. This course was initially created for 18-21 year old young adults. Nevertheless, we believe that the course focuses on several transversal properties that should be developed in every human being in order to be able to think creatively. Therefore, it is open and available for everyone. The language is easy to follow and the contents are applied to the workplace, to education in general, and to adult daily life.Though the main target of the course is not highly creative people, some of the sessions may be very useful as reminders of important aspects often forgotten or taken for granted. Additionally, the contents can serve for systematizing ideas they may already have.
Creative, Traveller, Entrepreneur, Seeker.
Edite obtained her degree in Health Psychology in Porto University, Portugal and her Masters degree in Social Psychology in Barcelona, Spain at Barcelona University where she now teaches "Creativity and Entrepreneurship" for the Masters' students.
She has been an entrepreneur for 11 years, having developed several projects along the years, individually and with other professionals, in diverse areas - from dance to radio, and from photography to social issues.
Collaboration is a key-word for her career, as she has studied such different areas as Physical Theatre and Design Thinking and she integrates various groups of multidisciplinary interests.
Since 2011 she has managed the company she founded - THINKING-BIG - that creates, teaches, and trains Creativity and Applied Positive Psychology in companies and educational institutions.
Edite writes for various magazines - Fenther, LeCool Porto, PANTA - about the arts, Positive Psychology, and creativity and has presented on the same themes in conferences in the USA, Austria, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Portugal.
She was born in Porto, lived in Ireland, Spain and Sweden and keeps traveling around, to develop and to teach trainings, and to explore more about the world.