VP1: Creating Quality Videos for Entrepreneurs & Nonprofits
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn basic video production techniques
- Create affordable videos to promote your business
- Use professional video tips to take your video to the next level
- Frame a subject using the rules of videography
- Understand how lighting impacts the video, and how to use everyday items to improve lighting on a budget
- Understand how sound impact the video, and choose the appropriate mic and venue for the video's content
- Plan using a pre-production checklist to keep costs down and quality up
- Make the most of basic free editors to turn your video into an advanced production
- Recycle your video to give it greater impact and help you reach more people
- Students should come into this course with an idea of at least one video they would like to produce
- To get the most out of this class, students are encouraged to be prepared to practice the techniques taught in this course during the lab work lectures to improve and refine their skills
Video is the NUMBER ONE way we communicate today! If you aren't creating videos to promote your business, you're missing your biggest marketing opportunity.
Do you want to create quality videos to promote your business or nonprofit at an affordable cost? Already creating videos but want to improve your video production skills?
If you answered yes to either question, this course is for you!
In this course, you will learn how to shoot like a pro, video production techniques that will separate your video from the majority of poorly planned, poorly shot, and poorly edited videos currently in your marketplace. You will create quality videos, that share your message and brand your business professionally.
I've worked with entrepreneurs and nonprofits for the past decade, and I understand your needs and concerns. I've designed practice exercises and course resources to hone your skills and assist you as you learn these techniques each step of the way.
So, welcome to the start of something big!
- This course is suited for any entrepreneur, small business owner, or nonprofit employee who wants to create quality videos on a limited budget
- This course is suited for anyone with a beginner's level of videographic experience
- This course is suited for anyone seeking basic editing technique
- This course is suited for anyone seeking for tips on how to give their videos a more professional look
- This course is suited for anyone seeking to use their smartphones, tablets, HD cameras or DSLR's to create quality videos
- This course is NOT suited for anyone seeking detailed instruction on how to use their video, lighting, or sound equipment
- This course is NOT suited for anyone seeking 'how to' editing skills
Welcome to Creating Quality Videos for Entrepreneurs, Small Businesses & Nonprofits!
Do you want to promote your business through video, but not sure where to start? Have a limited budget? Have the desire to learn basic videography technique that will enhance your videos and save you time and money? Then this course is for YOU!
Video has quickly become one of the most effective ways to get your message across to potentially millions of people in a very short time. But what happens if you produce a video with so-so lighting, poor framing or horrible sound? Your business reputation takes a sub-conscious hit.
Using the techniques and tips you will learn in the course, you will quickly be creating quality videos that set you apart from the average business and elevate your business reputation.
Let's get going!
Learning to answer yes to these four statements will help you learn what you need to know to create quality videos!
Good framing is an essential skill to develop to increase your video production ability. Fortunately, it's also second nature once you're able to 'see' the difference!
Look space is something that will set you apart from being the obvious 'beginner' videographer. Get good with this, and you'll look like a pro.
Head room and look space go hand in hand for giving your videos real polish. Here's how to avoid those shots that makes you look like a head on a platter!
Every now and then, it's ok to break the rules. But only if you're really doing it on purpose and with a good reason!
You must know your venue and equipment BEFORE the shoot! What to look for, what to plan for - the essentials in this lecture.
In today's digital age, there are many editors to choose from, including free! NOTE: YouTube Editor is no longer available. Check out the link below for several additional choices. (YouTube Capture is still a functional app to shoot/edit videos and upload directly to YouTube Editor.)
Understanding good editing technique is often more important than knowing 'how' to use editing software. In the lecture, you will learn the importance of handles, and how to move clips in your timeline.
NOTE: This concept is shown using YouTube Editor (now offline), but the philosophy is the same with any online editor.