- 110 hours on-demand video
- 54 articles
- 48 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build 2D games in SpriteKit.
- Navigate Xcode's interface.
- Create over 20 games in GameMaker
- Organize your project and animate sprites.
- Plan, design, and develop games from scratch.
- And More!
- Download GameMaker Studio.
- To follow along with these tutorials, you will need SpriteKit, Apple's free framework for making 2D games.
- The GameMaker section of this course is recorded on a PC. The Mac version of Game Maker studio is different but can be used.
- This course was recorded on a Mac computer. SpriteKit is only available for Apple-owned products.
- You MUST have a Mac to take this course. Don't buy this course unless you have a Mac.
We at Mammoth Interactive value input from students like you. Feel free to leave us your feedback.
SpriteKit is the framework for making 2D games for Apple products. It's free! You can make cool games, from super simple to more complex, in SpriteKit. SpriteKit provides support for cool special effects and physics. It's a fun interface to express your creativity. Before you know it, you could see a game you built in SpriteKit in the App Store!
To give a game functionality, you add code to your game's objects in Xcode. Xcode is a user-friendly programming language that is easy to understand.
Anyone can use SpriteKit.
In this course, you learn how to make simple 2D games using Apple's SpriteKit. You build the following games: Breakout Clone, Pong Clone, and Space Invaders. This course is unique because we make both the code and the design for the games from scratch.
Other tutorials only show you how to make the functionality or design of a game. We at Mammoth Interactive show you how to do both.
Don't worry if you've never coded before. We start simple and add more to the game as the course goes on. This course begins with an introduction to SpriteKit for those who have never used it before. You will learn how to navigate SpriteKit's interface.
The beauty of taking an online course like this is the ability to replay any of the lectures at any time. There is no time limit or final tests. You get to learn at your own pace with a practical model method of learning.
One of the best features is that you can watch the courses at any speed you want. This means you can speed up or slow down the video if you want to.
This course is project-based so you will not be learning a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course you will have real world apps to use in your portfolio.
We feel that project based training content is the best way to get from A to B. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
You can use the projects you build in this course to add to your LinkedIn profile. Give your portfolio fuel to take your career to the next level.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump in a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math and learning how to code will propel you forward for any situation.
Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
Is this course for me?
Even if you're not an artist, you can design basic games. You may have heard of Axiom Verge and Stardew Valley. These games are million-dollar successes. But did you know that only one person made each?
Usually it takes a whole team of people to build a game. But creators Thomas Happ and Eric Barone developed and designed their games by themselves. Now they're millionaires. You can do it, too.
By taking this course, you will gain the tools you need to continue improving yourself in the field of game development. You will be able to apply what you learned to further experiment in SpriteKit or any other game development framework.
Also now included in these bundles are our extra courses. If you want to learn to use other programs such as Camtasia or Sketch, you get more content than what you paid for this way!
We really hope you decide to purchase this course and take your knowledge to the next level. Let's get started.
Enroll now to join the Mammoth community!
- Anyone who wants to learn to use SpriteKit.
- Anyone who wants to learn game development.
- This course is targeted towards complete beginners.
- No prior coding or digital art skills necessary.
- People who want to make games.