Digitally Painting Vintage Pinup Portraits from a Photograph
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- learn some of the history of Pin-up Art
- learn basic portrait editing skills in Photoshop, which can be applied on other images, not just Pin-ups
- have some fun playing with the painting capabilities in Photoshop
- paint a vintage style portrait using only Photoshop
- You will need Photoshop - best if it's CS5 or newer
- Highly recommend a Wacom, or drawing tablet of some kind. It is Not recommended to attempt painting with a mouse.
In this course I will teach you some of my techniques for editing modern day Pin-up images into classic looking vintage style portraits. We will cover many of the tools and editing capabilities found within Photoshop.
In Section 1 - I discuss the history and art style of the original American Pin-up artists.
In Section 2 - I show you exactly how I edit an image into a more vintage style portrait, but in a photographic way.
Finally in Sections 3 and 4, we dive into Photoshop's painting capabilities, where I show you my techniques for creating illustrative Pin-up paintings in a digitally modern way.
Included in this course are 2 gorgeous Pin-up Girl images for you to work along side of me, two texture overlays, and my own personal Pin-up brush set for Photoshop (sold normally for $20 on my website).
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with some of the painting tools and techniques available to you within Photoshop. You will also have a good understand how to move a photograph away from it's modern day photographic space and render a more vintage style image or painting that is sure to impress your portrait clients.
- This course is best for photographers, of any skill level, who wish to create unique images
- This is for the intermediate to advanced level Photoshop user, and not best suited for a beginner
- It is recommended that you are working in Photoshop CS5 or newer
- This course is NOT for the student wishing to learn to paint or draw from scratch in Photoshop. We work from a photograph