Courageous Conversations: Conquer Your Relationship Fears
What you'll learn
- Apply the 10 questions of a Courageous Conversation to identify your current most critical issues at home, work or in the community
- Activate the 4 Relational Fibres which are integral to a successful Courageous Conversation
- Identify your Mental and Emotional Realities and to compare against the what is really true
- Uncover and banish any False Evidence Appearing Real (F.E.A.R.)
- Be able to connect safely and constructively with anyone through Working through 3 Realities, Making 2 Agreements to stay invested in the connection, and Adopting 1 Relational Mindset towards the other person.
- Be able to prepare a 3 minute summary of your issue with people in your life so that they get clarity on what’s is going on inside of you
- Use a laptop or mobile device to watch the video and listen to audio overviews
- Download and print your very own Learning Journey to help you reflect
- Think about specific issues and relationships that you want to focus on
- Set aside enough time per week to watch the videos, digest and reflect on the content
- Identify specific actions in the Learning Challenges that you can take to put your learning into practice
For Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above, this course is SkillsFuture Credit approved and you can reimburse your course fee with SkillsFuture Credits.
The Courageous Conversation is a clear and concise 10 step process that will guide you towards conquering your fears so that you can move towards a fulfilled life. This course is Part One of a two part Series that is designed to help you move your life forward with greater confidence.
This course is led by Chris Hogan, a successful Executive Coach to business owners and senior management. He is also the Practice Group Leader for Executive Coaching in ROHEI Corporation, a leading learning and development organization. A consultant to leaders in organizations, Chris helps them develop high-trust teams with open communication that leads to clarity and innovative solutions. His work has made an impact on leaders around the world, including top executives at Yahoo, Sales Force, Zinio, among many leading organizations in the US.
Through a variety of video lectures, Chris will share both key principles and very practical examples of how to use these tools effectively to gain great clarity in your life. Watch how Chris coaches three individuals towards breakthrough by using the Courageous Conversation.
Get an exclusive look into Chris’ coaching conversations and take away impactful lessons for yourself including how to:
- Communicate your thoughts and concerns effectively in 3 to 5 minutes
- Step from ambiguity towards clarity
- Stop your thoughts from being hijacked by confusing perspectives and inner noises
- Halt the cycle of thoughts that lead to no conclusion
- Find courage to re-start dead end conversations
- Move away from paralysing fears
Your learning will be scaffolded by a Learning Journal which contains quick summaries of key ideas and take on Learning Challenges at the end of every learning segment to take practical steps to apply what you learnt.
By choosing to be engaged in your learning, you will benefit in the following ways:
- Get greater clarity of what’s going on inside of you with 10 questions of a Courageous Conversation.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate your thoughts, feelings and requests in a clear 3 minute summary
- Strengthen your communication style by engaging 4 Relational Fibers that are integral to having a successful relationship
- Tackle the reality of your situation through unpacking the 3 Realities that govern your life
- Powerfully shift your conversation dynamic towards increased connectivity with 2 Agreements
- Forever change your view on your situation and relationships through embracing 1 Relational Mindset
Looking forward to seeing you inside!
Who this course is for:
- If you are looking to get ahead in life
- If you are experiencing roadblocks in your life and want to overcome them
- If you are facing a challenge that you don’t really know what to do about
- If you are looking to deepen relationships and understanding with your loved ones, co-workers, reports and bosses
- If you are a manager wanting greater clarity on your priorities
- If you are a spouse wanting a better marriage
- If you are a parent trying to better connect with your kids
- If you are at half time and thinking about what to do with the second half of your life
- If you already have a great life and great relationships but are open to doing even better
ROHEI Corporation is a Learning and Development Consultancy that specializes in creating inspired learning experiences. Founded in 2007, ROHEI has trained over 35,000 participants from industries representing finance, service, aviation, education and government.
As a partner of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA), ROHEI's core skills programs enjoy funding of up to 90% for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
Chris Hogan is a Practice Group Leader for Executive Coaching at ROHEI. He develops training curriculums while providing training for our executive coaches. As an organizational development consultant, Chris has worked with government officials and business leaders from South America, Asia, Europe, and North America. The founder and President of Noble Call Institute, a Coaching organization, Chris is also the Catalyst leader for Transform World, an international movement comprised of leadership from 54 nations.
Chris has been in the field of Training and Development since 1989 and has developed curriculums for corporate, family, and personal development. An inspirational teacher, a relationship life coach and a consultant, Chris helps equip men and women to be effective in relationships that matter most. Through his work at Noble Call Institute, he mediates for people and organizations to resolve their most pressing issues and reconcile relationships. His work helps men course correct and reconnect with their wives as a marriage coach, equips fathers to understand the heart of their children and discover their niche in life.
A consultant to leaders in organizations, Chris helps them develop high-trust teams with open communication that leads to clarity and innovative solutions. His work has made an impact on leaders around the world, including top executives at Yahoo, Sales Force, Zinio, among many leading organizations in the US.
An alumna of the University of Illinois at Springfield, Chris is a certified Franklin-Covey Facilitator. He also serves as an Executive Coach, Consultant and Speaker and has been Keynote Speaker at conferences in the United States, South Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia. You’ll find him among the top tier of LinkedIn endorsed Public Speakers.
A coffee connoisseur, Chris roasts his own coffee and enjoys gardening as well. Passionate about relationships, he spends a lot of time with his children, with whom he enjoys collaborating on projects. He also puts much importance on reading and gaining new information on the subject of relationships.
An enthusiastic traveller, he loves traveling the world with family members, helping each one discover their niche and develop their strengths so they can experience the joy of a meaningful life as they serve others well.
Praise is Principal Consultant at ROHEI. She has been in the field of Training and Development since 1999. Known for her creativity and clarity of understanding, Praise oversees the ideation process when contextualizing training and development interventions. She directs the program curriculum development and physical space design with a goal to expedite the transfer of learning to the workplace.
She was involved as a key member of the curriculum development team in a consulting group for Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and was selected as a curriculum specialist and assessor of programmes. She has facilitated workshops for all levels of management in both government and MNC corporate settings, and was consulted in corporate-wide organization development interventions that have assisted organizations to achieve their transformational objectives. She was also designated as a lead instructor for certification programs of psychometric learning tools.
She holds Bachelor of Law (Honors) from National University of Singapore and holds a Master of Training and Development with Griffith University, Australia. She is a licensed Coach and Coaching Clinic Facilitator with certification from the Corporate Coach U and has been engaged by the WDA as a curriculum specialist.
Praise is energized by family and community. A mother of four rambunctious children, two singletons and a set a twins, she is also the wife of a husband who harbours secret hopes of being a musician. Family life is fodder for comedy and weekends are often spent in the company of family and good church mates. In the midst of these daily happenings, Praise has gained many valuable insights about life and living, insights that have often been woven into her program design.
Praise has also acquired multi-tasking skills, skills that have increased in proportion to the number of children born. Indeed, necessity has truly been the mother of invention. This life skill has allowed her to work effectively whether she is engaging in discussions on curriculum design or at home overseeing the supervision of her children and the running of the household. It has also given her an enlarged capacity to love life more and breathe slower.