(3 hrs)Old? Decrepit? You can still enjoy life - here’s how!
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- 1. Look forward far more positively to growing old.
- 2. Pass on the tips and ideas, thoughts and stories to elderly relatives and friends - or just remember them for yourself!
- 3. Talk about growing old without feeling it is a taboo subject
- 4. Workbook added on Holistic Medicine
- 1. This is a course about coping with old age. The person delivering the course is in his 80s. It is possible you will find elements of the course depressing - and some other areas, uplifting. Just be prepared for that.
- 2. The ability to follow links given on the internet and - just in case the link is no longer operational - not to give up but perhaps still find the original article
- 3. Time. This is very important. These are not lectures just to rush through. They are desifned to make you think and to feel some empathy and then to pass on the ideas to others who are elderly
- 4. Ideally to have a pen and paper handy to jot down key points, links to follow up and anything else you wish to remember.
DO NOT ENROL ON THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SAMPLE LESSONS AND ALSO READ THIS COURSE DESCRIPTION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THIS IS PAID FOR, A GIFT OR EVEN...FREE. IT STILL TAKES TIME TO WATCH. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS COURSE. THANK YOU.
This is a rich, varied course narrated by Peter Thomas who at the time of the recordings, had spent nearly six decades in the acting industry. He brings to the course a gravitas that is a mixture of research, personal anecdotes, humour and every so often a whiff of sadness.
This is a course about some of the problems that old age brings - and what can be done, what Peter has done, to deal with them.
There is something in this course for everyone - and the elderly relatives of everyone! Even if you are not in the UK, 99% of the course will still apply to you.
We all have our own ways of getting through life but as we age our ability to fight the ravages of time, the boredom, the ill health, diminish.
Fears of growing old
Questions, myths and ANSWERS
Coping with being old
NEW SECTION: Students' questions
This course will enable you to cope with old age that little bit better...in fact, quite a lot better!
If you like film and theatre you will be amused and interested by the anecdotes*. The background of the Instructor - Peter Thomas - makes this course absolutely UNIQUE. Look forward to old age with hope, with optimism and desire - not fear. Also use the workbook that comes free with this course to record your journey to happiness and fulfillment.
*Even if you have no interest in cinema or theatre there is still a lot in this course for you - especially as you are continually advised, encouraged even, to contribute to the forum.
Let's share ideas!
Note: this course is the end product of a period of co-operation between Peter Thomas and Chris Sivewright . A joint effort from two old codgers!
- Everyone. We either die young or we grow old and then die. We aim to be in the latter group - this lecture series is about coping with old age.
Introduction to the course.
You will be introducted to the symptoms of ageing and their causes.
In this lecture you will learn the steps that will help you or someone you love cope with ageing.