Combat Acrobatic Training (CAT) System, Basic Skills
What you'll learn
- Free up your infinitive human movement potential
- Mobilize, increase and restore the full range of motion in the joints
- Improve general and skill-specific coordination
- Strengthen the joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles and fascia
- Improve general and specific conditioning
- Improve breathing
- Improve ground engagement, ground movement and ground dis-engagement skills
- Reduce or completely eliminate injuries from falling
- Help to avoid joint locks and restrains used in grappling and hand to hand combat
- Return the fun factor to warm ups
- Desire to move with power and grace through all planes of motion
- Smooth training mat
What is CAT System?
CAT System is a comprehensive movement system, developed by Greg Mihovich. CAT System is based on natural human movement patterns and proper joint articulation. It stems from ancient and modern Slavic/Russian health and martial arts practices.
A strong house is built on a solid and firm foundation and your mobility, coordination and connective tissue strength along with proper breathing and the ability to relax form a firm platform for your health and athletic progress for years to come.
CAT System can help to:
Free up your infinitive human movement potential
Mobilize, increase and restore the full range of motion in the joints
Improve general and skill-specific coordination
Strengthen the joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles and fascia
Improve general and specific conditioning
Improve ground engagement, ground movement and ground dis-engagement skills
Reduce or completely eliminate injuries from falling
Help to avoid joint locks and restrains used in grappling and hand to hand combat
Make warm ups fun and functional
Who this course is for:
- Yoga Practicioners
- Martial Arts and Combat Sports Practicioners, such as BJJ, MMA, Muay Thai, Kali, Systema
- Crossfit, Weightlifting, Kettlebell and Bodyweight Training Practicioners
Greg Mihovich is a top Fitness, Sport Performance and Martial Arts coach recognized throughout the world for his unique, effective and direct training style.
Greg teaches his own system of physical training named Compound Conditioning — Greg was one of the pioneers in the USA of functional training movement with “unconventional” training methods, such as kettlebells, sandbags, rings, maces, tires, sledges and others.
He has taught dozens of seminars and workshops around the world and he has been the author of three bestselling DVD series and a book on Joint Mobility, Grip Training, Kettlebell Lifting and Bodyweight Conditioning.
Greg’s mobility training methods are a culmination of a life-long study of Russian Martial Arts and other training methodologies that resulted in the development of the Combat Acrobatic Training (CAT) System.
Greg’s training articles has been featured in many different publications, including one making the cover of My Mad Methods unconventional training magazine.
Along with his extensive strength and conditioning regimen, Greg has been an active martial arts practitioner for over 20 years and has been teaching professionally for over 15 years.
Greg has extensively studied Muay Thai kickboxing, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Grappling, Catch, Judo, Sambo, Kali, Panantukan, ROSS, Systema and Izvor. Greg is also an avid shooter and a tactical firearms instructor. To this day Greg maintains a multiple times a day, six days a week dedicated martial arts and fitness personal training regimen on top of teaching others full time.
Greg’s extensive study of Combative Arts resulted in the following advanced ranks and certifications:
- Muay Thai Instructor (from club Patriot, coach Dmitry Piasetsky)
- Extreme Self Protection Striking and Grappling Instructor (from coach Mark Hatmaker)
- Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (from coach Jon Heleotis)
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- Tactical Pistol Instructor (from coach Rich Graham, former Navy SEAL)
- Combat Systema Instructor (from coach Kevin Secours)
- Blade Smart Kali Instructor (from coach Barry Cuda)
- Panantukan (Filipino Dirty Boxing) Instructor (from coach Dan Sullivan)
- Sami Combat Systems Knife Fighting Instructor (from coach Peter Wechauf)
At present Greg owns and runs the Underground Gym in Red Bank, NJ where he teaches an assortment of sport martial art, hand to hand combat and fitness regimens.
Greg is regularly contracted by local and State Law Enforcement Agencies to provide training in tactical fitness, defensive tactics, close quarter combat, combat acrobatics, takedowns and ground control, gun vs. knife, stick and knife fighting and other combat related topics.
He also teaches Instructor Certification Courses in CAT System and Kettlebell Training, along with other seminars and workshops on fitness, mobility and martial arts.