Positivity in 2022 and beyond (despite the virus!)
What you'll learn
- Coping...with Christmas...with January...with February
- Daily lectures on key areas of coping with the stresses that the Christmas period will bring
- None - this is not religion-specific
For the Christmas Period section:
It looks like the Christmas month i.e. December is going to be cold, with economic woes, COVID woes - to add to the usual problems of 'flu, anxiety (over Christmas) loneliness, health problems - and stress. Already in the Autumn there were record increases in alcohol consumption. Record rises in abuse, suicides and...hospital waiting lists.
This course - Christmas Blues - is quite simply, a daily dose of positivity, hints, tips, encouragement, advice, ideas and invitations to participate. In September the 'September Blues' was launched on several existing courses and was met with praise. This course includes various extracts from the September Blues course.
The course has now started - and here is an extract from the latest review:
"This IS a course where you get just as much, if not more, from the other students than you do from the teacher. This IS a course where you'll find yourself diving down rabbit holes after interesting information that you never would have thought to research if left to your own devices. This course is the equivalent of both a morning cup of coffee to fire you up and a steamy cup of tea beside the fireplace in the evening to help you wind down. This course is only as good as you make it through your own participation. Come join us, there's plenty of time to catch up!"
This was then extended to cover 2021 blues all the way to September and beyond....
Who this course is for:
- All worried about and during Christmas break - and in need of an uplift
- Those feeling down in February
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.