Business Writing - Get Results - No Stress
What you'll learn
- Plan the writing of the major types of written business communication
- Be clear about why you are writing and the intended action or outcome
- Write to meet the needs of the reader
- Craft stand-out headlines which draw immediate attention
- Focus on the 3 main logical and emotional drivers in a business case
- Mirror the reader's language to maximise understanding
- Appreciate the value of tools such as SPIN and SWOT in the planning stage
- Use the AIDA model to gain attention, build interest and desire and get action
- Write in Plain Language using the KISS model - keep it short and simple
- Guide the eye through a message using white space, bold and indents
- Research key words which will be found by search engines
- Structure business proposals which sell on features and not just price
- Build your reputation by producing clear and concise reports
- Use executive summaries to begin complex documents
- Make your presentations memorable and easy to follow
- Deliver and receive feedback to improve without any offence
- Eliminate the most common errors of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Get your point across first time every time
- Eliminate stress by following simple rules
- Familiarity with common word processing and presentation software
- Have a basic grasp of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience in writing most of the standard business documents
Situation - you are required to write in business and to make your point effectively.
Problem - you are not as effective as you should be or you get stressed doing it.
Need - this course to learn and apply the basic guidelines of effective writing.
Learn to Plan and Scan so that the reader's eye follows your message across the page.
Remember that we skim documents up to 9 times for key words before we read them.
- Distil your message to its essence in 12 words to prove you know your subject.
- Use the AIDA model to win Attention, build Interest and Desire to generate Action.
- Use the KISS rule to Keep It Short and Simple.
- Focus on the top 3 logical and emotional arguments in your writing.
- Discover tools to make sure you use Plain Language.
- Imagine you are writing for a reading age of 14 years.
- Get onto the reader's wavelength by mirroring the metaphors they use.
- Write powerful headlines and subject lines to make your point fast.
- Break your words up with white space, indents and bold to make it easier to follow
Using real life scenarios learn to write better:
memos and much more
Learn how to discover the keywords at the "sweet spot" which will help your writing to get found online. Write using keywords without your message sounding distorted.
In one way or another you will only ever be wrting about:
where we are - current circumstances
where we could go - our options
how to get there - the plan of action
If you keep to the plot of the story and remember why you are writing and who you are writing for, then what you are going to write will fall into place.
Eliminate the worst errors of grammar, spelling and punctuation with our list of the Top 20 most common problems.
We reveal the magic words which will help you to give and receive critical feedback on your writing without giving or taking any offence.
The course will help anybody who is required to write in their business role to communicate effectively. If you need to be more effective or find that you get stressed and confused then this course will teach you the basic techniques on which you can rely.
The course is mostly video which has been designed to help you recall simple tools like:
Plan and Scan
SPIN and others.
By making these tools easy to recall and by looking at before and after examples you will quickly be able to write in business and will greatly improve your personal reputation.
We are always available to answer your questions.
Includes relevant Mind Maps throughout and an hour of free coaching for those who complete the course if requested.
Who this course is for:
- People who are expected to be able to influence others, externally and internally, through well produced written documents
- Those who become stressed by the responsibility of putting their ideas onto paper for others to see and judge
- Executives who recognise that their reputation is built on being able to see wood for trees and to express their thoughts clearly
Courses to help you improve covering:
* Influencing Skills
* Communication Skills
* Public Speaking
* Stress Management
* Handling Feedback
* Business Writing
* Decision Making
* Dyslexia at Work
* Alcohol Misuse
Affordable and accessible any time and any place.
You can learn in total privacy.
We are on-hand to offer personal support via Skype or Zoom should you need it. We've been where you are now.
Preview our courses before you enrol today.
About Peter Urey.
Trained to advanced level in personal coaching techniques including Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling, Hoshin Planning, Business NLP and HP's Leadership Development Programme.
Experienced coach for Hewlett Packard, Symantec, Canon, Epson plus many more.
Educated in Law at University of Oxford.
Aged 60, married 33 years, 3 adult children.
Student of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling under Marian Way, author of Clean Approaches for Coaches.
Black Belt in Karate.