Business English for ESL: writing business reports
What you'll learn
- You will be able to impress your managers by writing business reports which show your ability to think clearly and write logically.
- You will be able to impress your co-workers with your ability to use simple, clear English to explain complex ideas.
- You will be confident in your ability to write a full range of reports because you will understand the basics behind all reports.
- You will learn how to write reports that others will admire.
- You will be much, much confident about writing business reports at work.
- To start this course, you should be able to read English at pre-intermediate level. If you can understand the following description of the course, you will have enough English to take the course.
Do you need Business English for report writing? Do you need to learn Business English? Do you need to write business reports in English? Is this a problem for you because English is not your first language? You don’t feel confident about writing business reports, but it’s part of your job.
As you know, writing a good report says a lot about you as an employee.
Do it well and you are telling everyone that you are intelligent. That you can think logically. That you can arrange facts into an argument. That your thinking can be trusted. That you can be trusted.
Do it badly, and you are telling everyone that you are confused. That you don’t understand what you are doing. That you are not capable of doing the job properly. That you can’t be trusted.
This course makes a difference. The course takes you slowly through all the stages of writing a business report with lots of examples.
The course is for people with English as a second language. People who are working in business or who hope to be working in business soon. The language in the course is simple and straightforward. If you can understand this course description, you can understand the course.
By the end of this course you will be confident in your ability to write business reports. They will no longer be a problem for you.
Who this course is for:
- Young professionals working in international or multinational companies who are not native speakers of English.
- English as a second language (ESL) students who may be taking TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS and want to do more business English.
- University students learning English for their future careers in business.
- Anyone who needs to write business reports at work.
I am a native speaker English teacher. I have taught English as a foreign language in the UK, Algeria, Kuwait, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Poland for over 30 years in different business settings. I have CELTA and DELTA equivalent certificates. I currently inspect private further education colleges (mostly language schools) in the UK.