Build 5 iPhone Games with Xcode 8 and Swift 3
- A Mac computer (Xcode is only compatible on Mac.)
- Xcode 8 (Free)
- Swift coding experience is helpful
Learn to build 5 games for iPhone in Swift 3 with SpriteKit! Learn to build effective cash earning games by learning the secrets of development. Take your skills to a whole new level.
You will build this app from scratch! You don't have to have any prior experience in game development.
The course is structured so that it begins slowly, and with each lecture, you will understand more and more fundamentals about developing games with SpriteKit.
This course is project based so you will not be learning a bunch of useless coding practices. At the end of this course you will have real world apps to use in your portfolio. We feel that project based training content is the best way to get from A to B. Taking this course means that you learn practical, employable skills immediately.
Five of the top ten highest grossing apps on the iOS App Store are games. If you ever had an idea for an amazing game and needed a clear, step-by-step course from a friendly teacher, this course is for you.
One of the best features is that you can watch the courses at any speed you want. This means you can speed up the or slow down the video if you want to.
You can use the projects you build in this course to add to your LinkedIn profile. Give your portfolio fuel to take your career to the next level.
Learning how to code is a great way to jump in a new career or enhance your current career. Coding is the new math and learning how to code will propel you forward for any situation. Learn it today and get a head start for tomorrow. People who can master technology will rule the future.
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners
- Anyone Who Wants To Learn iOS Game Development Using SpriteKit
- 02:00Avoid Spikes Game preview
- 02:30Setting up the game
- 05:40Adding sprites to the title screen
- 03:04Adding in the angles to the game
- 06:28Setting up the buttons
- 06:38Finishing up the TitleScene
- 13:05Spawning the objects
- 05:43Adding in the controls and the spike logic
- 05:59Setting up the physics
- 03:57Resetting the game
- 06:08Making a cool tech circle and spike
- 01:53Adding the art to Xcode
- 05:02Fixing the titlescene and adding score
- 06:16Adding in the main sprite and the player rotation
We make over-the-shoulder tutorials that any beginner from no experience can understand, or as a professional you can use to brush up your skills. We value creating accessible courses with simple but effective project-based learning. We have a wide variety of technology-based courses from database to app development to Unity-based video games.