- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- 25 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand more about the natural world around you, gain an appreciation for the complexities of life and score higher on exams!
- A device for watching videos and the ability to download .pdf documents is all that's needed! (I should add, a hunger for learning and open-mindedness is also recommended!)
This course will provide students with a basic understanding of an introductory level biology experience. It will contain video lectures and fill-in lecture notes, as well as end of section quizzes. It is up to you how you would like to experience this course, fast-paced for upcoming test prep or more slow-paced for learners that want to take their time.
The course will cover most major aspects of a biology experience in high school or introductory college course. However, It can be useful to students (at any level) looking for additional help or prep in biology topics.
I have 19+ years of experience teaching biology and chemistry at both the high school and collegiate level. The course will be taught with an appreciation for life's processes and applications to the real world will be integrated into lectures.
- This course is designed for high-school, introductory college and homeschooled students. It will also benefit AP-test preppers.
This is the first lecture of our course. It will define biology is and explain the characteristics of life. Download the fill-in notes to accompany the lecture if you are looking to be active during the video. By writing down information, you will incorporate more neurons as you process and organize new ideas. You will be able to recall more than just listening/watching alone. Because of Udemy time limits on videos, I will break lectures into multiple parts (when necessary.)
This lecture will explain how DNA entered the scientific realm as the genetic material. Several famous experiments will be explained as well as the connection to figuring out DNA's structure. In parts 2 and 3, DNA replication will be explained.