How to be a better strategic thinker?
What you'll learn
- Understand every role in the organisation is strategic.
- Look for signals within and outside your organisation.
- Organise your strategy to manage your competitor’s actions.
- Use proven tools and techniques to boost your questioning skills.
- Deal with critical factors affecting decisions.
- Be a better strategic thinker and raise your strategic impact on your organisation's performance.
- No previous experience is required.
- Strong willingness to learn and practice.
Strategic thinking has often been cited as one of the most important skill for entrepreneurs, small business owners, leaders & managers. Strategic thinkers are found to be among the most highly successful entrepreneurs and leaders. Developing strategic thinking ability is critical to your career advancement. Despite its importance, many entrepreneurs and managers have limited understanding of what strategic thinking is and how they can engage on it. Consequently, they formulate and implement strategies without involving in much strategic thinking. This in turn often results in strategies not succeeding to attain the organisation’s goals. Don't you want to avoid this situation? If yes, you need to look for resources to improve your strategic thinking prowess.
Let’s look at another scenario. You are aspiring individual and want to progress in your career. You have been told to think strategically by your boss, if you want to get the promotion. So, you are looking for resources that can help you improve your strategic thinking ability.
My course focuses on critical skills you need to work on to boost your strategic thinking ability. I will guide you through the specific steps you can take to be a better strategic thinker. You will learn:
· If you think strategic thinking is only for senior executives, it’s time to rethink.
· How to anticipate situations that can influence the businesses you are in and plan how to respond to these situations.
· How to be effectively question your own and other’s assumption using proven tools and techniques?
· How to take fast and better decisions by navigating critical factors that affect decision-making.
The content of this course has been developed based on my practical experience of over 15 years in forming and executing strategies in multiple organisations; as well as theoretical lessons I've learnt during my formal qualifications, reading various publications and attending seminars, workshops, etc.
This course will become your handy resource if you want to improve your strategic thinking prowess and thereby boost your chances of strategic impact and career progression.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to increase strategic impact on the organisation's performance and looking for inspiring stories and handy tips to begin with.
Bikendra is founder at Work on Strategy, collaborating with business owners, leaders and aspiring individuals develop key strategic skills required to develop their businesses and careers. He has over 15 years of experience in forming & executing Business & HR Strategies at start-ups, non-profits and large organisations across 12 countries on 4 continents. For example, he played the key role in developing & implementing Asia Pacific HR strategy for Mercedes-Benz. Some of the results were creation of a strong talent pool of candidates in the region, reduction in hiring costs, etc. Likewise, he led formation & execution of remittance business strategy for Nepal Investment Bank (formerly, a member of Credit Agricole) - one of the largest banks in Nepal. Within 5 years, the Bank had one of the largest shares of inward worker's remittances in Nepal.
Bikendra has studied in Nepal, India, Thailand, Germany and Australia. In his MBA, he scored the first position in the graduating class. He is also a Certified Practitioner HR from Australian HR Institute. He lives in Australia with his wife and a child. His greatest joy is seeing people thrive in disruption.