Beginner Weight Training: 8-Week Daily Trainer
What you'll learn
- Understand weight training and its benefits.
- Follow and demonstrate a daily limited exercise selection to improve skill-specific competency.
- Knowledge of how to properly order exercises.
- Achieve a new level of muscular strength and endurance.
- Improve one's self-confidence and appearance.
- Knowledge of working with gym equipment.
- An awareness of the role of fat and proper nutrition in one's diet.
- Completion an eight week strength training plan.
- In preparation for this course, students would benefit from having access to a gym facility.
- Students should obtain medical clearance from their healthcare professional before engaging in this or any type of fitness.
- Always warm-up properly before lifting weights. 5-10 minutes on a cardio machine or some range of motion exercises with light weight is fine.
Beginners are you ready? Want to strength train, but do not know where to start? Or maybe you haven't trained in awhile and want to get back?
Either way, you have come to the right place! Get stronger and body-altering results in only 8 weeks with this daily video trainer. With me as your guide, this easy to follow plan will help you gain strength, build muscle, drop fat and gain confidence. Preparation and consistency are critical for success. I will show you how.
This course includes:
- daily training videos
- detailed explanation of exercises including involved muscles
- nutritional information
- supplement information
- what to focus on as a beginner
- my favorite recipes
- tips on how to stay motivated
- unspoken gym rules
- and much, much more!
Follow me as your personal daily trainer as I take you through an 8-week program!
Each day you have a video to watch that will show and explain exactly what you need to do. Most training days have five exercises focusing on two major muscle groups. During the last two weeks we will bump up the number and types of exercises to challenge you even more. In the beginning, we start with machines and body weight exercises before gradually moving to free weights.
I may be asking you to do things you have never done before or don't know how to do. All I ask is that you try and challenge yourself with each set, and each rep. Use this trainer as an opportunity to learn something new. Watch the videos, ask questions in the Q&A section, or email me directly.
Together we will work on our weaknesses and make them stronger. We will get through the unknowns and emerge stronger and more confident. Face your fears and make yourself better!
This trainer includes a fitness log for every single workout. It is important for you to monitor your progress. Write down your weight and reps for each set. Keep track and use this tool as a way to gauge your success and progress. Each log is available as a PDF download that you can print out and take to the gym.
Plenty of rest days are part of the trainer and these are your days to recover. Watch and learn different tips and get answers to common questions.
Nutrition does not have to be difficult, but in order to achieve the best possible results, it has to be deliberate every day.
I am not going to go into counting macros, calories or tell you what specific foods to eat. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed and obsessed with your meals especially if this is your first program. I do want you to choose and eat whole, clean foods and I will share with you what my food choices are.
Remember that in order to perform your best, you need to give it the best fuel possible. No sugary soda or snacks. Fuel the best to perform the best.
So what are you waiting for? Come join me in the program today. You'll be glad you did!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners who are interested in strength training.
- The course is suitable for anyone who has taken an extended leave of absence from training.
Hi my name is Jen! As a trainer and golf fitness specialist, I want to inspire and educate you about health and fitness. I'll share with you what I know about fitness to help you meet your goals.
Learn through my online training courses, programs and support from me.
My experience working as a personal trainer, athletic trainer, coach and teacher have enabled me to share what I know with you today.
I also was a collegiate soccer player, triathlete and runner for many years.
I currently have a full time job in IT working with Drupal which is a content management system for websites. On my off time from building online courses and working you will find me on the golf course.
I look forward to having you in class.