How to become a Content Strategist in 2020 and be good at it
What you'll learn
- Understand what Content Strategy entails - the practice and the process
- Get introduced to the core and complimentary skills needed and how to acquire them
- Learn how to gain experience, create a portfolio and prepare for a job interview
- Get tips on how to excel in a role of Content Strategist
- Knowledge of English
In this compact and practical course, you'll learn how to prepare for a Content Strategy job and succeed at it. The course is divided into 4 easy-to-follow steps:
- Discover: In this step, you'll learn what content strategy is all about. You'll get acquainted with main responsibilities of a Content Strategist. And, more importantly, you'll understand if this role is right for you.
- Acquire: You'll be introduced to some core, complimentary and nice-to-have skills for the role of a Content Strategist. Besides an overview, you'll see examples and resources helpful to acquiring these skills.
- Prepare: You'll receive guidance on how to gain experience in the field of Content Strategy, build a portfolio, and prepare for a job interview.
- Succeed: Finally, in this step, you'll get some actionable tips on how succeed in the role of a Content Strategist.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Content Strategy
- Students looking for a career in Content Strategy
- Mid-career professionals looking to become Content Strategists
- Content strategists looking to get better at their job
- Writers & Editors
- Web Content Specialists or Content Developers
- UX professionals
- Business Analysts and Strategists
A seasoned content strategist, editor, and writer with more than 16 years of experience.
At the helm of her Toronto-based Content Strategy and UX Design Consulting firm -- Conceptell Inc. -- Kanupriya provides design and communications strategy consulting services to a diverse array of clients. She oversees projects throughout their entire lifecycle—from research, analysis, content strategy, and design, to content creation and testing.
In addition, she is Subject Matter Expert for the University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies. She also regularly writes and edits features and columns for leading magazines, newspapers, and websites.
Kanupriya has a Master’s in Journalism and Mass Communications from Arizona State University.
Atul is a seasoned Design and Content leader with 17 years of industry experience.
His greatest strengths are in Design Thinking, Product Strategy and UX best practices and methods within an Agile world. He lends his expertise to bridging business goals and user aspirations, translating complex business ideas into actionable blueprints based on exhaustive user research.
He has successfully led the design and development of many web and mobile products in a variety of domains.
He is also a SME helping University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies to create Certificate courses in UX and Content Strategy.
He has a Master’s in Information Technology and is also a certified UX designer and researcher.