Basic Refrigeration and Troubleshooting
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the four keep components in any refrigeration system
- Understand how the four key components work and interact with each other
- Understand the refrigeration cycle and how it transports heat energy from one place to another
- Introduction to the temperature / pressure relationship chart
- Learn about specific diagnostic equipment you will need to perform refrigeration service work
- Introduction to Superheat (SH) and Subcooling (SC) measurements
- Learn how to use Superheat (SH) and Subcooling (SC) measurements to diagnose any refrigeration system
- Students should have a basic interest in HVAC or Refrigeration diagnostics or troubleshooting.
If you are an HVAC or refrigeration service professional, this course is for you. In this training course students will learn:
- The four key components of ALL refrigeration systems
- Introduction to the refrigeration cycle
- Equipment needed to perform refrigeration system diagnostics. Bonus, devices what you need an what you don't.
- Understanding the temperature relationship chart
- What is superheat and subcooling and how to acquire readings from a refrigeration system
- How to use superheat and subcooling to perforn diagnosis on any refrigeration system
- Bonus content: Industry update on the HVACR industry opportunities.
How can your benefit from this class you ask? Over my career, I have had the opportunity to teach some of the best and brightest the above key principals. With these principals, and the ability to refer back to this information as much as you want, there is NO refrigeration system you will not be able to fix. Many if my students have moved on to start their own HVACR business and earn their way into the SIX FIGURES through hard work and applying the principals in this class. YOUR ARE WORTH THE INVESTMENT!
- HVAC or Refrigeration technicians who work in the industry or are (Hopefully) considering entering the industry.
Foundation Lecture: Understanding the four key components of the refrigeration system, and how these components interact with one another in the refrigeration cycle is an essential step to both basic and advanced diagnostics.
The relationship between refrigerant pressure and temperature is a core data point with performing diagnostics on any refrigeration system. This lecture demonstrates how to read and interpret a Temperature/Pressure chart that we will use in the following lessons.
Now with you have a basic understanding of the key refrigeration system components, the refrigeration cycle, the relationship between refrigerant pressure/temperature and the tools you need, its time to start the process of learning solid refrigeration diagnostic skills.
Similar to the human body, you can't see inside of a refrigeration system. You can however take specific readings such as Super Heat to determine performance issues within the refrigeration cycle. Super Heat calculations demonstrated in this lesson will focuse on the evaporator (or heat absorption) side of the refrigeration cycle.