Learn to Make a Basic Stained Glass Window
What you'll learn
- Construct a simple, but unique leaded stained glass panel with the help of a 25 year expert and professional instructor!
- AND! I just added two bonus lectures so you can move on to copper foil!!
- Get 27 step by step lectures and 2.5 hours of video!
- Make informed choices for tools, glass and lead
- Choose or draw a simple patterns to start with
- Fearlessly and safely cut glass!
- Use grinding tools to accurately size each glass piece
- Construct your window, fitting glass to lead pieces and putting them firmly in their place!
- Solder your piece fearlessly!
- Putty and clean your piece to a most beautiful shine.
- Hang your piece and feel incredibly proud!
- Choose your next project and keep at it!
- You will need a workspace with good lighting, and to purchase some tools and materials. Tools and materials will add up to a range of $200.00-$380.00, depending on the common tools you already have, and also whether or not you decide to purchase a glass grinder to help you work faster.
- No glass cutting or soldering experience needed!
This class has been updated with new and expanded content in 2021!
Welcome to Learn to Make a Basic Stained Glass Window. Have you ever wanted to make something incredibly unique, decorative and lasting for your home? Or even to make stunning gifts or to sell your creations at crafts fairs? Then you are in the right class!
This course will teach you the basics of making stained glass windows. You will learn to make patterns, cut colored glass and construct a basic stained glass window using lead and solder. The Copper Foil Method has been added so you can move on to boxes, sun-catchers and even lamps! By the end of this class, you will have constructed a beautiful stained glass window and will be poised to make other projects of increasing complexity.
Get ready to make something you can be proud of! You will follow your instructor in step by step videos as you make your own project to display and keep. You will also have all the basic skills and knowledge to keep going with this amazing and rare skill to create an art form that has been around since medieval times!
How many of your friends can make a stained glass window? Likely it's a very small number! Be determined to take your arts and crafts ability into the advanced stage with a complete course on making stained glass projects!
Who this course is for:
- Adults and teens (with supervision) who tend to enjoy crafts and are looking for a challenging and rewarding hobby. This is for those who have little or no experience working with glass.
KT Caselli loves crafting in her spare time from her real profession, teaching adults in the corporate world. Some favorite offline hobbies are building stained glass windows, making mosaics, designing quilts, stenciling and gardening. KT has been enjoying simple and complex projects in stained glass, including built in windows and Tiffany style lamps for the past 20 years. KT knows all the tips, tricks and practice techniques to help you build a unique piece of art to decorate your home or those of your loved ones.
KT Caselli is also a 17 year veteran of the Learning and Development Industry. A certified Trainer and long-time Instructional Designer, KT also has her masters degree and years of public speaking experience. Her experience in classroom teaching and in online learning environments translates very well to teaching Udemy classes.