Basic Business Fundamentals - Operations Management
What you'll learn
- Basics of operations management
- Operational decisions
- Customer services - its importance
- Working with suppliers
- Using technology
- Motivation techniques
- The importance of capacity utilisation
- Break-even analysis
- This is a basic course - notepad and writing implements
- Access to computer
- A business dictionary
- Ideally, work experience to enable you to relate this to your work
- An interest in learning the basics of business
- Time to do follow up homework
This is a very unusual course. In terms of CONTENT it is pitched at someone who is just starting on a course in business.
BUT...owing to the speed of some of the lectures, the constant outpouring of ideas, this will be of use for any student studying business.
In particular the material is current as at late February 2022.
The Instructor has many years experience in delivering business courses to age range 15 and upwards. It is recognised that pupils/students can get bored - very easily. Therefore to gain attention, many lectures have short snippets of films in that illustrate the theme of the lecture - and these are films that the Instructor has starred in.
That makes the course unique.
The final seven lectures are 'Revision lectures'. These go over old ground and questions are asked - and asked again. In the Resources section there is a booklet giving prompts.
So this course is absolutely ideal for the beginner to business, who needs to feel involved rather than just watching a bunch of videos. To that end questions are asked during the lecture - and students given a minute to answer. Plus active use of the Q/A is encouraged.
Business fundamentals...business basics for someone who is approaching the subject for the first time and needs a course that is current, approaches the subject in an unusual way and where the whole series of lectures is seen as two-way discussion.
Developing an effective workforce
Revision (7 lectures)
Who this course is for:
- Those thinking of a business career
- Students beginning a business course
- Pupils at school studying a 'general' business course
- Students whose first language is NOT English and are looking for a basic introduction to business
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.